Posted by Ilsa on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 11:38am.
Can someone tell me if I did this right?
This 32-year-old female was burned by hot grease in her kitchen 1 week ago. She is seen in the hospital based wound clinic for large dressing
changes on the both upper extremities following second-degree burns to both arms. This is accomplished without requiring anesthesia.
What codes are assigned for this service?
I think it is:
E015.2, 943.03, 948.1
- Medical Coding 2 - Anonymous, Saturday, June 16, 2012 at 2:03pm
- Medical Coding 2 - Anonymous, Friday, November 16, 2012 at 8:20pm
A 12-year-old boy presents with his father to the ER due to open wounds to his arm, hand, and upper leg. The injury occurred when the boy fell on a barbed-wire fence at the farm while running. Diagnosis: Multiple open wounds to the right forearm, right hand, and left thigh. Procedure: Suture repair of the following: single-layer closure,4.0 cm, forearm; layered closure,3.0 cm, hand; 6.0 simple repair, thigh.
This aremy answers. Can someone verify it for me.
ICD-9-CM Reason for Visit code_E849.1
ICD-9-CM and CPT Codes_881.0,882.o 891
- Medical Coding 2 - LE, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 2:25pm
You didn't list a CPT code.
- Medical Coding 2 - ldt, Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 7:38pm
In answer to the first question "Anonymous" states burns as 943.03 (unspecified degree). Question clearly states second degree. E codes given (home and cooking food). The main thing here is she is getting her dressings changed. Wouldn't you just use a CPT code? 16030
I feel that if you post the other answers, you are stating she is being diagnosed as coming in with burns.
- Medical Coding 2 - Steve, Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 5:08pm
First question I used 943.20, 160.30, E015.2
Second question I used E001.1, E849.0, 881.0,0882.0, 890.0 I'm still working on the CPT codes could use some help on them
- Medical Coding 2 - Sarfy, Friday, May 24, 2013 at 2:44am
- Medical Coding 2 - Cid, Monday, January 12, 2015 at 4:24pm
Wouldn't there also be a V code? V58.30
- Medical Coding 2 - Benjamin, Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 4:03pm
Answer I came up for Ilsa and Anonymous is
943.29 (multiple, because it's both arms)
E924.8 (where: other-burning by: hot object NOS)
99251 (inpatient - hospital-based clinic)
16030 (large dressing change)
Answer this Question
- Medical coding 2 - 32-year old female was burned by hot grease in her kitchen 1 ...
- Medical Coding - This 32 year old female was burned by hot grease in her kitchen...
- medical coding - this 32-year old female was burned by hot grease in her kitchen...
- medical billing and coding - a 32 female was burned by hot grease in her kitchen...
- ICD-9-CM and CPT Codes - 32year old female was burned by hot grease in her ...
- MEDICAL CODING - A HOSPITAL BASED WOUND CLINIC CFHANGES DRSSING ON UPPER AND ...
- medical coding - a 50 year old new female patient has had a sore throat and head...
- Medical Billing & Coding - This 32-year-old female patient was admitted with ...
- Medical Coding - A 28-year-old female patient has been bothered with excessive ...
- writing - Iam writing for the medical coding positon at Greenwood Leflore ...