Posted by Lily on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 7:38pm.
How would you set this problem up and work it: The difference between two numbers is 16. Three times the larger number is seven times the smaller. What are the numbers?
This one also: The differnce between two numbers is 18. The sum of twice the smaller number and three times the larger is 74. What are the numbers?
- Math(Algebra) - Steve, Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 5:14am
just take each fact presented and express it symbolically.
m,n are the numbers
3m = 7n
2n + 3(n+18) = 74
5n + 54 = 74
- Math(Algebra) - Peters, Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 2:24pm
Five times a whole number,x, is subtracted from 62. The result is less than 40. Find the three lowest values of x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Reiny! Reiny! Reiny! Answer Check and HW Help! - Translate to a system of ...
- Math - Can someone please help me write this statement out in formula form. ...
- math - The difference between two numbers is 15 . Three times the larger number ...
- Algebra - The difference between two numbers is 86. Seven times the smaller is ...
- Math - The difference between two numbers is 45. Three times the larger number ...
- Algebra - The sum of two numbers is fourteen. Using x to represent the larger of...
- Math - Suppose you have two numbers. The difference of the two numbers is 12. ...
- MATH - THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO NUMBERS IS 16. FIVE TIMES THE SMALLER IS THE ...
- excellent success - the sum of two numbers is 17, the difference between the ...
- ALgebra - the difference between two numbers is 7. the larger number is 9 less ...