Posted by Lily on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 7:38pm.
How would you set this problem up and work it: The difference between two numbers is 16. Three times the larger number is seven times the smaller. What are the numbers?
This one also: The differnce between two numbers is 18. The sum of twice the smaller number and three times the larger is 74. What are the numbers?
- Math(Algebra) - Steve, Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 5:14am
just take each fact presented and express it symbolically.
m,n are the numbers
3m = 7n
2n + 3(n+18) = 74
5n + 54 = 74
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Reiny! Reiny! Reiny! Answer Check and HW Help! - Translate to a system of ...
- Math - Can someone please help me write this statement out in formula form. ...
- Math! Please Check My Answers - Key: ☺ = My Answer! 2. Write a word phrase...
- Algebra - The difference between two numbers is 86. Seven times the smaller is ...
- Math - The difference between two numbers is 45. Three times the larger number ...
- Algebra - The sum of two numbers is fourteen. Using x to represent the larger of...
- math word problem - the difference between two numbers is 55. four times the ...
- math - four times the larger number of two numbers is equal to seven times the ...
- MATH - THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO NUMBERS IS 16. FIVE TIMES THE SMALLER IS THE ...
- Math - Suppose you have two numbers. The difference of the two numbers is 12. ...