Posted by Samantha on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 1:37pm.
1. Study the following sentence, then select the answer that
best describes it.
THE COW JUMPS OVER THE MOON!
A. Italic serifed type
B. Bold roman sans serif type
C. Bold italic sans serif type(my answer)
D. Bold roman serifed type
2. Which one of the following statements about page columns
A. Page columns are vertical spaces on a page into which
text and graphics can be placed.
B. Page columns are horizontal spaces on a page into which
text and graphics can be placed.
C. When a single-column layout is used, the column should
always be placed in the exact middle of the page.
D. When a two-column layout is used, the columns should
always be the same size.(my answer)
3. What is the space between the lines of type called?
A. Points C. Leading
B. Gutter D. Margin(my answer)
4. What does 12/15, or “12 over 15,” indicate?
A. 12 point leading, 15 point type C. 12 pica type, 15 pica leading
B. 12 point type, 15 point leading(my answer) D. 12 pica leading, 15 pica type
5. An ideal line length would include how many characters?
A. 40–55 C. 100(my answer)
B. 65–70 D. 100–125
6. John wants to share resources and move a large volume of data quickly over the
Internet. John should use which of the following to transfer his information?
A. UUCP (UNIX to UNIX copy protocol) C. FTP (file transfer protocol)(my answer)
B. E-mail D. Google
7. The process of selecting typefaces, type sizes, and text spacing for a particular
document is called
A. desktop publishing. C. typesetting.(my answer)
B. type processing. D. typography.
8. Estimating a manuscript’s length if it’s set in a particular typeface is called
A. typography.(my answer) C. leading.
B. casting off. D. letterspacing.
9. A/An _______ is the basic unit of typographic measurement.
A. pica C. point
B. em D. inch(my answer)
10. A style manual can be described as a/an
A. reference book that guides the reader in applying accepted principles of usage in a
B. electronic tool that assures consistency in the way things are said and done in
desktop publishing documents.(my answer)
C. printed sheet that details a document’s typefaces, point sizes, column width,
margin dimensions, heading, and subhead specifications.
D. dictionary containing terms for particular fields, such as science, computers,
engineering, or medicine.11. Which of the following statements about document pages is true?
A. The page on the left-hand side of a document is the verso page, while the
right-hand page is the recto page.
B. The page on the right-hand side is the verso page, while the page on the left-hand
side is the recto page.
C. Recto pages are always even-numbered pages, while verso pages are always
odd-numbered pages.(my answer)
D. Good design dictates that recto pages always be blank to avoid the “overdone” look.
12. Graphic designers sometimes must adjust the spacing between letters so that the result
looks right to them. This is called
A. optical spacing.(my answer) C. justifying.
B. closing a line. D. leading it out.
13. If a line of type measures 5 inches (12.5 centimeters) in length, how many picas
long is it?
A. 15 C. 30(my answer)
B. 25 D. 60
14. HTML documents are created by adding what to text?
A. Tables C. Tags
B. Graphics D. Links(my answer)
15. A pica equals _______ points.
A. 1 C. 12
B. 6(my answer) D. 72
16. Computer files designed to simplify the layout process and stored electronically as part
of a page layout software program are called
A. style manuals.(my answer) C. reference files.
B. style sheets. D. specification sheets.
17. Which of the following page-related terms refer to the same thing?
A. Type page/text area(my answer) C. Type page/trim size
B. Trim size/text page D. Open line/leading
18. Unlike _______, XHTML can be extended by anyone who uses it.
A. SML C. XML
B. HTML D. SGML19. A long document, such as a book, can usually be divided into which of the following
three main sections?
A. Copyright section, main text, appendix
B. Preliminary pages, main text, back matter
C. Preliminary pages, main text, index
D. Preliminary pages, main text, and front matter(my answer)
20. Which of the following must a designer be aware of when planning the design of
A. The person who wrote the document
B. The intended audience
C. The professional printer to be used(my answer)
D. The retail and wholesale prices of a document
Answer this Question
design - In an effort to promote a better understanding of what design is and ...
elements n principles of design - what is the design concept of emphasis
Psychology - compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of two different ...
art - I need serious help! does anyone know a really helpful website tofind otu ...
11th grade visual art - first of all this is my first time so i dont know if i ...
STADISTIC - Suppose you were going to create your own study to examine what ...
Math - If there are 6 elements in ( A u B ) and 1 element in ( A n B ) answer ...
math - If there are 6 elements in (A U B) and 1 Element in (A N B) answer the ...
program planning - Please respond to the following questions either by writing ...
Program planning and evaluation - Please respond to the following questions ...