Posted by Mohammad on Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:01pm.
i need help with plot summary of the painted door.
i not know what to write for introduction.
this be how it start out.
Straight across the hills it was five miles from John's farm to his father's. But in winter, with the roads impassible, a team had to make a wide detour and skirt the hills, so that from five the distance was more than trebled to seventeen. 'I think I'll walk,' John said at breakfast to his wife. 'The drifts in the hills wouldn't hold a horse, but they'll carry me all right. If I leave early I can spend a few hours helping him with his chores, and still be back by suppertime.' Moodily she went to the window, and thawing a clear place in the frost with her breath, stood looking across the snowswept farmyard to the huddle of stables and sheds. 'There was a double wheel around the moon last night,' she
countered presently. 'You said yourself we could expect a storm. It isn't right to leave me here alone. Surely I'm as important as your father.'He glanced up uneasily, then drinking off his coffee tried to reassure her. 'But there's nothing to be afraid of—even if it does start to storm. You won't need to go near the stable. Everything's fed and watered now to last till night. I'll be
back at the latest by seven or eight.'
She went on blowing against the frosted pane, carefully elongating the clear place until it was oval-shaped and symmetrical. He watched her a moment or two longer, then more insistently repeated, 'I say you won't need to go near the stable. Everything's fed and watered, and I'll see that there's plenty of wood in. That will be all right, won't it?'
'Yes—of course—I heard you—' It was a curiously cold voice now, as if the words were chilled by their contact with the frosted pane. 'Plenty to eat—plenty of wood to keep me warm—what more could a woman ask for?'
'But he's an old man—living there all alone. What is it, Ann? You're not like yourself this morning.'
She shook her head without turning. 'Pay no attention to me. Seven years a farmer's wife—it's time I was used to staying alone.'
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:14pm
I'd summarize it like this:
When John planned to walk through snowdrifts to his father's farm, his wife was afraid and felt lonely.
- English - Mohammad, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:23pm
thanks very much ms. sue :)
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:24pm
You're very welcome, Mohammad.
- english - Mohammad, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:25pm
ms. sue for rising action i write john leave in blizzard to reach his father barn and ask his friend steven to come over to his place and take care of his wife Ann.
but for initiating action i not know what to write.
- english - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:27pm
Is the initiating action John's decision to walk to his father's barn in the blizzard?
- english - Mohammad, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:29pm
i not sure because that be the introduction. i didnt post whole story on here because it be like 7 pages long.
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:37pm
I'm sorry, but I haven't read this story, so I can't really help you with it.
- english - Mohammad, Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:40pm
aww that alright ms. sue if it been short story i would post here for you but this be 7 pages long way too many too read.
for introduction i say Ann describing her living condiition?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English-Plot Summary - Could someone please provide me with sites from which I ...
- English - Hi, I have to write a 2 page paper about the book No-No Boy, rather ...
- English - I had to read "Son" by John Updike but i don't understand the summary...
- LA a book summary help - i need to do a book summary about the last apprentice...
- math - Manuel painted 4 houses over the summer. John painted x houses. Patrick ...
- english help asap - hi I have to do an essay analyzing themes, symbols, and the ...
- Math - John and Miles each had some money. First Miles gave John a quarter. Then...
- Algebra - Jed decided he needs to start exercising more. On Monday, he runs 2 ...
- english - How do I write an introduction paragraph for a expository essay? I ...
- Business - my group has done a project on workplace violation, and I'm assigned ...