Posted by Henry2 on .
Here is the second part of the school description I need to translate. Some words are unclear and the sentences are too wordy. I need your help to improve them.
1) third branch includes the study of two foreign languages: English and French and addresses to all those who wish to improve their linguistic “heritage” within a scientific grounding (background, qualification?).
2) The school has developed (??) for many years its scientific laboratories of Biotechnologies, Chemistry, Biology and Physics: the didactic (educational, educative?) equipment enables students to work directly (?) using good-quality instruments (tools?).
3) Among the experiences realized in cooperation with the Applied-science faculty (School of engineering, Polytechnic) and the University of Turin are worth mentioning the analysis of the DNA (DNA-finger printing, PCR (?), OGM analysis), the chemical, microbiological and geological analysis of the water(s) in the course of the project “sources” carried out in cooperation with the region Piedmont, the analysis of the water with the method of the lichens in cooperation with the Municipality of ..., the study of the hydrogeological lay-out (structure?) of the basins of the territory around Alba.
4) The results (outcomes) of some research works (investigations) have been published on the school website. 5) The institute (school) contributes to the project by providing the didactic experience built up (gathered, accumulated) in years (of research) as well as the available didactic equipment.
6) The school has (takes in??) a number of foreign students coming from low-income families often with financial problems.
1) The third branch includes the study of two foreign languages: English and French. This branch is for students who wish to improve their language skills within a scientific field of study.
2) The school is known for its scientific focus on bio-technologies, chemistry, biology and physics: the laboratories enable students to work and study using high-quality equipment.
3) Among the achievements of the Applied Science faculty and the University of Turin worth mentioning are the following:
~ analysis of DNA (including PCR and OGM analysis)
~ the chemical, microbiological, and geological analysis of water in the Piedmont region
~ analysis of water by means of lichens in cooperation with the Municipality of ...
~ the study of hydro-geological strata of the basins around Alba.
4) The results of some research investigations have been published on the school website.
5) The school contributes to the project by providing instruction and years of research, as well as the available educational equipment.
6) A number of foreign students from low-income families attend this school.
I hope all this is correct.
Here is what I searched for to help explain the connections among DNA, PCR, and OGM: