Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 1:38pm.
Bobby has only pennies, dimes, and quarters. One half of Bobby's coins are pennies. One fourth of coins are quarters. Three of his coins are dimes. How many coins does Bobby have?
- math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 1:41pm
Let x = total number of coins.
1/2x + 1/4x + 3 = x
3 = x - 3/5x
3 = 1/4x
3 / (1/4) = x
3 * 4 = x
12 = x
- math - Reiny, Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 1:43pm
let the number of coins he has be x
x/2 + x/4 + 3 = x
4x + 2x + 24 = 8x
2x = 24
x = 12
12/2 = 6 pennies
12/4 = 3 quarters
+ 3 dimes
= 12 coins
(A better question would have been:
How much money does Bobby have with his coins? )
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade - Bobby has only pennies, dimes, and quarters. One half of Bobby's ...
- Math - There are 52 coins that consists of pennies, dimes, and quarters. Two ...
- 5th grade math - I need to use quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies to make the ...
- Math - rick has a box of coins. The box contains 51 coins. Which consist of ...
- MATH - Rick has a box of coins .The box currently contains 51 coins, consisting ...
- Math - Cindy had $1.08 using 9 coins. She had as many pennies as dimes. ___ ...
- fractional parts of a number - Malcom has 200 coins.If one-fourth of coins are ...
- Math problem I need help with - Combination of coins that can be used; fifty-...
- Stats - You are asked to draw THREE coins from a jar one at a time without ...
- Math - Shirley has 18 coins. One sixth of the coins are quarters, one third of ...