Posted by Shan on Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 4:38pm.
The play sold 88 tickets. The adult tickets sold for $8 and the kid tickets sold for $5. The total amount collect for tickets was $614. How many tickets of each type were sold?
Math - Reiny, Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 5:23pm
adult tickets --- x
child tickets --- 88-x
8x + 5(88-x) = 614
solve for x, etc.
Math - Jesse, Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 8:42pm
8x + 5(88-x)=614
8x + 440-5x=614
Math - Mona, Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:13pm
If someone paid $95 for ten tickets to a concert. Adult tickets cost $15 each. Kids tickets cost $8 each. How many of each kind of tickets did they buy?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Yuba Community - A total of 432 tickets were sold for the school play. They ...
- Math - Exactly 120 tickets were sold for a concert. The tickets cost $12 each ...
- Math - The seventh graders sold tickets to their play.the tickets cost $3 for ...
- MTED402 - THERE WERE 390 ADULT AND CHILDREN TICKETS THAT WERE SOLD AT A PLAY. ...
- Algebra/Math - A total of 504 tickets were sold for the school play. They were ...
- math/algebra - A total of 770 tickets were sold for the school play. They were ...
- math - 425 in tickets were sold they were either adults or students tickets the ...
- pre algebra - a total of 400 tickets were sold for the school play, they were ...
- math - A total of 600 tickets were sold for the school play. They were either ...
- math - drama club sold adult tickets for $8 and kid tickets for $5. for the ...