Posted by san on Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 2:05am.
if the ratio of the length to the breadth of a rectangle be 5:3 and its perimeter is 144m, find the length of the rectangle .
Math - drwls, Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 6:12am
Let the length be L. The width W must then be 3L/5, so that the L/W ratio is 5:3.
Perimeter = 2(L+W) = 144
2L + 2*(3L/5) = (16/5)L = 144
which leads to
L = 45 meters
W = (3/5)L = 27 meters
Maths - bobpursley, Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 6:12am
but L/B=5/3 or L=5B/3
then 144=10B/3+2B=16B/3 or B= 3*144/16
solve for B, then L= 5B/3
Maths - sameer, Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 10:57am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math,Ratio - the length of a rectangle is 6times as long as its breadth. a.) ...
- maths - The length and breadth of a rectangle are in ratio 3:2 if it breadth ...
- Maths - Perimeter of rectangle is 240cm if it's length is decreased by 10 ...
- linear-equations-in-one-variable - the length of a rectangle exceeds its breadth...
- math - length of a rectangle is twice its breadth. if ratio of the perimeter of ...
- linear equations - length of a rectangle is twice its breadth. if ratio of the ...
- Maths - The length and width of a rectangle are in ratio 11:7. If its perimeter ...
- maths - the perimeter of a rectangle is 340 cm.if its length is decreased by 10...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 8 metres less than twice its breadth. If ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is2cm more than its breadth ,and its perimeter ...