Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
Identify each italicized verbal in the following sentences as a participle or gerund.
1. Enjoyed by people throughout history, amateur athletic competitions can be very beneficial.
- enjoyed = participle
2. Winning an event is only part of the reason athletes compete.
- Winning = gerund
3. In addition, the love of a sport, the best reason for entering into competition, usually grows as an athlete's performance improves.
- entering = participle
4. Furthermore, sharing hard work with teammates leads a person to appreciate cooperative efforts.
- sharing = gerund
5. Participating in state, national, and international competitions is important to many amateur athletes.
- Participating = participle
6. Wanting to be recognized for their talent, the athletes compete against their peers in such events.
- Wanting = gerund
english - Writeacher, Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:37pm
These are correct: 1, 2, and 4.