Posted by cami on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:24pm.
Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. Then state whether the prep phrase is an adjective phrase or adverb phrase.
1. A daily newspaper has something for almost everyone.
- for almost everyone = adjective
2. In addition to news, the paper offers entertainment, classified ads, and much more.
- In addition to = adjective
3. Our entire family reads the newspaper in the morning.
- in the morning = adverb
4. Dad always begins with the sports pages; Mom prefers the general news.
- with the sports pages = adverb
5. My sister's favorite part of the newspaper is the lifestyle section.
- of the newspaper = adjective
6. She enjoys features like "How-to Hints."
- like "How-to Hints" = adverb
7. I find the editorial and opinion pages interesting, especially when a debate between two sides developed.
- between two sides = adjective
8. Sometimes I see the logic behind an argument.
- behind an argument = adjective
9. Other times I wonder why grown people argue about a trivial issue.
- about a trivial issue = adverb
10. I also like to read news about local events.
- about local events = adjective
english - Writeacher, Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:39pm
All are correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - I have to write the prepositional phrase, the word it modifies, and ...
- ELA - English - Choose the correct function for "to the orthodontists office" ...
- english - Identify the capitalized word. Frederick Bartholdi, THE SCULPTOR, came...
- English - Can anyone help me with this? After the sentence, identify the ...
- English - 1. You can just give the homework to Marc, *my next door neighbor*, to...
- English - I have to write the prepositional phrase, the word it modifies, and ...
- English - Choose the term that describes the following phrase. Kris was anxious...
- English - 1. identify the adjective phrase in this sentence. The rice in the pot...
- grammar - IN this sentence, I am trying to identify all the parts of speech. "As...
- English - Choose the term that describes the phrase in parentheses . You can ...