Posted by cami on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:24pm.
Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. Then state whether the prep phrase is an adjective phrase or adverb phrase.
1. A daily newspaper has something for almost everyone.
- for almost everyone = adjective
2. In addition to news, the paper offers entertainment, classified ads, and much more.
- In addition to = adjective
3. Our entire family reads the newspaper in the morning.
- in the morning = adverb
4. Dad always begins with the sports pages; Mom prefers the general news.
- with the sports pages = adverb
5. My sister's favorite part of the newspaper is the lifestyle section.
- of the newspaper = adjective
6. She enjoys features like "How-to Hints."
- like "How-to Hints" = adverb
7. I find the editorial and opinion pages interesting, especially when a debate between two sides developed.
- between two sides = adjective
8. Sometimes I see the logic behind an argument.
- behind an argument = adjective
9. Other times I wonder why grown people argue about a trivial issue.
- about a trivial issue = adverb
10. I also like to read news about local events.
- about local events = adjective
- english - Writeacher, Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:39pm
All are correct.
Answer this Question
english - Hello - I am not sure you can help me ...I have to write an essay ...
science - hello! i was wondering if anyone knows when dinosaurs evolved.
ENGLISH - The Sun Also Rises - Hello, I was wondering if there was any DIRECT ...
Maths - Hello, I am just wondering why y=mx+b for b (solve for the variable) ...
Logarithm law question - Hello, i was wondering if e^(2t) is equivalent to e^(t^...
English - Hello. I was wondering if you can please assist me with writing a ...
english - Hello. I am writing an essay about ancient religions in the Middle ...
SraJMcJin - Hello, I was wondering if you could read my essay and tell me what ...
Differential Equation - Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows a site ...
Spanish - Hello I was wondering if a fluent spanish speaker could look over my ...