Posted by cami on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:24pm.
Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
Identify the prepositional phrases in the following sentences. Then state whether the prep phrase is an adjective phrase or adverb phrase.
1. A daily newspaper has something for almost everyone.
- for almost everyone = adjective
2. In addition to news, the paper offers entertainment, classified ads, and much more.
- In addition to = adjective
3. Our entire family reads the newspaper in the morning.
- in the morning = adverb
4. Dad always begins with the sports pages; Mom prefers the general news.
- with the sports pages = adverb
5. My sister's favorite part of the newspaper is the lifestyle section.
- of the newspaper = adjective
6. She enjoys features like "How-to Hints."
- like "How-to Hints" = adverb
7. I find the editorial and opinion pages interesting, especially when a debate between two sides developed.
- between two sides = adjective
8. Sometimes I see the logic behind an argument.
- behind an argument = adjective
9. Other times I wonder why grown people argue about a trivial issue.
- about a trivial issue = adverb
10. I also like to read news about local events.
- about local events = adjective
- english - Writeacher, Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:39pm
All are correct.
Answer this Question
English - The sentence is: No one grew tired of eating it. Is there any ...
English - Which does the following sentence contain? Walking by the river is our...
Language Arts - *Trying to laugh as quietly as possible*, Lucas snuck out of the...
English - Can anyone help me with this? After the sentence, identify the ...
English - This is what I think they are 1."Leaving their native land to colonize...
Englilsh - Identify each preposition and each prepositional phrase. 1. The first...
language - Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence Simon ...
English - 4. (Landing in New England) caused much disappointment among the ...
english - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s) in...
grammar - IN this sentence, I am trying to identify all the parts of speech. "As...