Posted by cami on Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:15pm.
Hello, I am doing grammar and I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks.
In each of the following sentences, identify each italicized phrase as prepositional, participial, gerund, infinitive, or appositive.
1. Now I would like to tell you about my sister Alexandra.
- to tell you about my sister Alexandra = infinitive
2. She likes arriving at school early.
- arriving at school early = participial
3. By doing so, she can spend extra time preparing for her day.
- doing so = gerund
4. She will resort to anything to get to school early, including waking me up, too.
- to school = prepositional
5. For example, when the beeping of my alarm woke me yesterday, the sky was as dark as night.
- the beeping of my alarm = gerund
6. I soon realized that Alexandra, a volunteer crossing guard at school, had adjusted the alarm.
- a volunteer crossing guard at school = appositive
7. I was, I could see, an occasion for applying my special technique.
- applying my special technique = gerund
8. Called my slow-motion technique, it always achieves the result I want.
- Called my slow-motion technique = participial
9. I moved around the house as if I were underwater; Alexandra watched until she could stand it no longer.
- around the house = prepositional
10. Then, I moved faster; I certainly did not want to be late for school.
- to be late for school = infinitive
- english - Writeacher, Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 6:42pm
All are fine.
- english - Jyxzl Sullano, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 4:05am
Answer this Question
grammar - hello. is this statement correct in grammar: i think something is ...
grammar - Hello, I need a grammatical correction in the following excerpt from ...
Differential Equation - Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows a site ...
english - Hello - I am not sure you can help me ...I have to write an essay ...
English - 1. Hello. May I speak to Tom? Speaking. Who's this? Hi,Tom. This ...
Languate...Grammar - Hello. 1. I wish he were a bird. 2. I wish he was a bird. 3...
English - How does one explain the difference in usage between "I am going ...
british idioms - hello, i have a list of british idioms but if someone knows ...
english grammar - pls.check my english grammar if it is correct usage. i remeber...
English - Please check my work: Proofread the passage looking for grammar, ...
For Further Reading