Posted by ..... on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 8:14pm.
How does exponents work? Is it ust multiplication...please help me i am in grade 7 math
- math - bobpursley, Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 8:26pm
It is multiplication and more.
For instance, a^2 is a times a
a^3 is a times a times a, or a cubed.
Now it gets a little more fun.
a^(1/2) is the sqrt(a)
a^(1/3) is the cubrt(a)
a^(4/3) is the cubrt of a^4
- math - mellisa , Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 8:31pm
like 2>2 is 4 and 2>3 is 8 because the first time you multiply you multiply by the original number???am i right ...sorry if its confusing???
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 8:36pm
But be sure you use the correct signs.
2^2 = 4
2^3 = 8
- math - mellisa, Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 9:27pm
thank you Ms.Sue and BobPursley
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 9:27pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH MULTIPLICATION!!! - PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM: 4((3x-6)/(6x+2))^3...
- Math - 3) Explain how the laws of exponents work with rational exponents and ...
- 7th grade math - Keeping the numbers in exact order, add perentheses, exponents...
- Math - ^=exponents /= divide So I am not sure how to do this. It is an example ...
- math: and i really need help - 3x(a-5)=6 What is the value of a ? 3x(a-5)=6 is x...
- math - Shania is having trouble understanding her algebra assignment. To help ...
- MATH 6 GRADE - 789*11-24(?DIVIDED BY)73-9001 You need to use the order of ...
- 6th grade math - im studying exponents. 50 is my result number How did I get ...
- 10th Grade Math - Why is it important to understand rational exponents? How does...
- math - How can you make 34 by only using the digits 1, 2, 3, and 4? You can put ...