Posted by Andrew on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:12pm.
Read the social studies article about the gold rush below. Then list the prepositional phrases on the lines. Underline the object of the preposition in each phrase
In 1849, gold was discovered at Sutter's Mill in California. Thousands of settlers headed west. They left with everything they owned. They traveled in wagon trains on the Oregon Trail. The pioneers were looking for wealth. They started new lives in towns throughout the West.
How many prepositional phrases can you find?
I found 8. Is there less or more?
- ELA - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:18pm
I found 10 prepositional phrases.
- ELA - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:20pm
These are the ones I found
1.at Sutter's Mill
4.with everything they owned
5.in wagon trains
6.on the Oregon Trail
Are these correct so far?
- ELA - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:22pm
4. The phrase is only "with everything."
I used to have my students put parentheses around each prepositional phrase. That helps you see them clearly.
- ELA - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:26pm
Is In 1849,gold a prepositional phrase?
Cause In is a preposition
- ELA - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:34pm
The phrase is just "in 1849."
- ELA - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:36pm
Is throughout the West a prepostional phrase?
- ELA - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:40pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- ENGLISH - What do I capitalize? Which is correct in this sentence: California ...
- Englilsh - Identify each preposition and each prepositional phrase. 1. The first...
- social studies - why does gold sink to the bottom of the pan? other than ...
- English - Could someone please check my answers? I'll type the directions above ...
- English - A prepositional phrases include A. A preposition as about or above. B....
- English - What is the prepositional phrase in the following sentence and what is...
- history-the gold rush - does anyone know good websites where i can find info ...
- English !!! - What must a prepositional phrase include? A. a preposition and a ...
- lit - imelda knows a lot about the story of the gold rush of 1849. she wants to...
- math - To find the weight of the gold in a 22 karat gold object, multiply the ...