Posted by Andrew on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 4:51pm.
Which of the following would require finding the area?
A. Determining the number of sugar cubes in a box
B. Determining the amount of paper needed to cover a bulletin board
C. Determining the length of trim needed to go around the edge of a bulletin board
D. Determining the number of jelly beans in a jar
Every evening Candy walks around her neighborhood. The block she walks around is in the shape of a square.
How can Candy determinate how far she walks each evening?
Jayne had a trunk that is shaped like a rectangular prism. What formula can Jayne use to find the number of cubic feet in her trunk?
A. P=(2x1) + (2xw)
The carpenter building Bradley's new house allowed Bradly to help figure the amount of baseboard needed to go around the walls of the dining room. What did they need to know to determinate the amount of baseboard needed? The baseboard is a rectangular prism
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 4:53pm
Your first answer is wrong; the others are correct.
- Math - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 4:56pm
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 4:57pm
- Math - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 4:59pm
It's not D cause it's estimating and we're talking about area so it's B?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:02pm
Yes, B. is correct. Do you see why?
- Math - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:05pm
I think I do cause area is finding how much of the space you used on something. So you're trying to find in B how much paper can go into the bulletin board
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:07pm
Yay! You've got it!
- Math - Andrew, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:09pm
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 5:24pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Indicate whether the tasks in Exercises 2–6 involve perimeter or area....
- chem please help drbob222 - Why is the process of examining enthalpies of a ...
- math/geometry - Two boxes must be wrapped. Both boxes are right rectangular ...
- Math - I can't remember how you find the roots of quadratic equations other than...
- math - Alex must wrap two boxes. Both boxes are right rectangular prisms. The ...
- Accountinhg - A difficult problem in calculating the total costs and expenses of...
- chemistry - . Do you think that determining the volumes of your cylindrical ...
- Rate determining step - I don't understand how to get a rate determining step. I...
- Science - With which of the following is the study of an ecosystem Most concered...
- chemistry - Show that a conventional x-ray generator is incapable of generating ...