Posted by Glen on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 9:55am.
put an (*) next to the answer I chose. Not asking anyone to do my work for me; just want a double check. I'm a little unsure since I picked the same term for each answer :)
Read the following sentence from "In Another Country" and choose the word below that describes the tone the author creates.
"The three (boys) with the medals were like hunting-hawks; and I was not a hawk, although I might seem a hawk to those who had never hunted; they, the three, knew better and so we drifted apart."
The best word to describe the mood of "In Another Country"(by Ernest Hemingway) is
Thanks for the help :)
English - Writeacher, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 10:25am
I'd choose melancholy for the first one.
The second one is about the overall mood of the book, right? Can "dejected" be applied to all the characters? To only the narrator? To the major? You should reread the story and make sure that "dejected" is the overall mood, from beginning to end.
English - Glen, Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 5:52pm
#1 was melancholy and #2 was dejected. Thanks for the help :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- drbob222 math,correction - i made some corrections for the previous postage can ...
- algebra - Please Help Me Check My Work :) 1) Find the 5th term of - f(n)= 3(n-3...
- math - Hi I need someone to check my answers I'll show whatever work I have but ...
- chemistry - what is the total number of electrons shared in a double covalent ...
- Math - Can you please go step by step, Ill show what I did and you can correct ...
- Math - I just wanted to double check that I am correct. Answer is in Interval ...
- Urgent Language Arts - 1) Which of the following sentences from "I know Why the ...
- ENGLISH - I need to make sure I understand this. I need to rewrite each sentence...
- algebra - Could someone check my work; 1. Generate the first five terms in the ...
- algebra(check) - I'm pretty sure these are right but I just want to check. 1)...