Posted by Amber on Monday, January 30, 2012 at 9:20am.
Assume you have a computer that contains 2GB of memory. It contains four memory slots. Each slot can contain 128 MB, 256 MB, 512MB, 1 GB, or 2GB memory modules. Currently, each slot contains a 512MB memory module. What combinations of memory modules will satisfy your memory upgrade to 8GB? Which of these combinations is the least expensive.
- computers - Writeacher, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 10:29am
Don't switch names.
Provide what YOU THINK about these questions, and a tutor with this expertise might respond.
- computers - Brian S, Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 3:26pm
There are four slots:
* 512MB (1/2GB) +
* 512MB +
* 512MB +
* 512MB = 2048MB = 2GB
To upgrade to 8GB, you might choose to remove the existing chips and replace them, for example with the following configuration,
2GB + 2GB + 2GB + 2GB = 8GB
(2GB x 4)
Can you think of any other ways to do this? For example, if you don't want to buy 4 new chips you could probably reuse 3 of them, buy one new chip and keep one of the old chips as a spare.
Just one possible suggestion.
- computers - Dave Morton, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 8:03am
The suggestion above would not give 8 gig though, unless yu can get a 6.5,
You could keep 2 sticks get a 4g and 3g to make 8.
The cheapest method and using all slots is the one above 2+2+2+2
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- computer - Assume you have a computer that contains 2GB of memory. It contains ...
- Computers - Assume you have a computer that contains 1 GB of memory. It contains...
- it - Assume you have a computer that contains 1GB of memory. It contains four ...
- Computer science - Assume you have a computer that contains 1GB of memory. It ...
- MIS - assume you have a computer that contains 2 GB memory . It contains four ...
- it - Assume you have a computer that contains 1GB of memory.It contains four ...
- computers - how do I tell the main difference between simm and dimm in ...
- Computer Literacy - 2. Which of the following components was a significant ...
- Computer Question - Does anyone know where I can remove the memory card? from a ...
- math - Last year's computer model is on sale for $799. You can add more memory ...