Posted by Sharon on Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 4:30pm.
Jiskha Support Team, I am supposed to do a written assignment however I am having a problem with understanding instruction number #1 and #3
#1 through #4 is part of the requirement for my written paper
#1). Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis. X
#2). Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
#3). Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph. X
#4). Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
What does sentence #1 mean by introductory paragraph with a (succinct thesis)?
What does sentence #3 mean by must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph?
Why would I restate my thesis in the conclusion paragraph?
Does #3 mean print the exact same sentences or words from succint thesis that I used right after my introductory paragraph into my conclusion paragraph?
- Psychology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 4:37pm
An introductory paragraph introduces your topic.
The last sentence is usually the concise and clear (succinct) thesis statement.
For your conclusion, you restate your thesis in different words.
- Psychology - Writeacher, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 4:37pm
In introductory paragraphs for formal papers, usually the last sentence is the thesis statement. I'll give you specific information about a thesis in the next post.
One of the things to do in the conclusion is to restate your thesis -- not using the same words, and making it stronger since by then you should have proven that your thesis is true.
- Psychology - Writeacher, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 4:39pm
Your thesis statement must include factual information plus your position/opinion/stance. Without your position on the topic, it isn't a true thesis statement. So think of this sentence as the angle you want to take on the topic and what you intend to prove by the end of your paper. (If your statement is simply factual, then there's nothing to prove!)
Read carefully and follow ALL directions.
This is one of the very best places I've seen online to help students write good thesis statements. It shows you sentences that aren't thesis statements and how to turn each one into real thesis statements.
- Psychology - Sharon, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 4:49pm
Thank you Sue and Writeacher for clarifying #1 and #3.
- Psychology - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 4:51pm
You're very welcome, Sharon.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - Please help me out with this The numbers 1 through 50 are written ...
- english - I need help writing a paper for my written analysis course. It is a ...
- English-Psychology - When citing the DSM-IV-TR in a paper. Is it written in it's...
- psychology - I am writing a paper for my psychology class. the paper must be ...
- English - Hello:)What is a difference between an instruction and an assignment?...
- Business Management 1000 - My assignment was worded oddly and I was just hoping ...
- Math - What are irrational, rational, and natural numbers? A rational number is ...
- PROGRAMMING - design a program for the following. Registration workers at a ...
- Computer Programming - Hello, Any help on the following problem would be greatly...
- Algebra 1 - I am having trouble with a few questions....Wondering if you could ...