Posted by cameron on Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 9:29pm.
what made constantine suppurt christianity?
social studies - J.R., Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 9:32pm
Constantine began to support Christianity when his life changed. According to Constantine, the Greek letters for the word Christ- chi rho- appeared in the sky above hom. Over these letters were the Latin word- in hoc signo vinces- meaning " In this sign you will conquer."So Constantine ordered his soldiers to paint crosses on their sheilds. The cross was a symbol of Christianity because Jesus had died on the cross for our sins.
Use this in your own words
social studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 9:33pm
Frankly, we don't know.
Here are some guesses.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th Grade Social Studies - 1. When the Roman government began to persecute ...
- History - I Need help with this social studies! 1. when the roman government ...
- Social Studies-Christianity - What event had the biggest impact on Christianity?
- Social Studies- Rome and Christianity - How did the acceptance of Christianity ...
- social studies - in what chronological order did the following religious groups ...
- Social Studies - what was the first of two important changes that marked emperor...
- Social Studies - when did christianity begin? 33 C.E. ?
- social studies - How are judaism and christianity realated
- Social Studies - What is one change Mansa Musa brought to Mali? A) He sent all ...
- Social Studies - How did the Visigoths, who practiced Christianity, come to ...