Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 10:50am.
1. Which sentence states an opinion held by American Romantic writers?
a. Cities are centers of corruption and ugliness
b. European literature has no traditions worth considering
c. Westward expansion is exploitative and dangerous
d. Ordinary readers do not appreciate Romantic ideals
2. Through Gothic novels, Romantic writers explored
a. the reasons for the decay of European society
b. mysteries linked to the subconscious mind
c. the civilization of Goths
d. lessons to be drawn from traditional religious
6. In "The Cross of Snow", the images of a halo, fire, and sunlight contrast with the
a. image of a snowy, sun-capped mountain
b. face of the speaker's dead wife
c. image of a sunless mountain ravine
d. recollection of a happy marriage
7. The principal message conveyed in "The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls" is that
a. humans have little control over their fate
b. life is short
c. the sea is dangerous
d. people bustle about, but nature moves slowly
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 3 - 1. Which sentence states an opinion held by American Romantic ...
- English - (I just need 2 writer ideas) In the middle of the 19th century, ...
- english 10 - Prompt A: compare and contrast the topics and themes of writers ...
- English - which of the following statements about american romantic poetry is ...
- American History - What were the main causes of the American Civil War? I have...
- Social Studies - How can I find out the population for each state during the ...
- poetry - American romantic writers rejected rationalism because they believed ...
- English - Compare and contrast the topics and themes of writers from the ...
- English 11 - Check my answers please! 1. Which of the following statements about...
- HE AGE OF JEFFERSON TO THE AMERICAN EXPANSION - During Jefferson's presidency, ...