Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 6:19pm.
1. Which sentence states an opinion held by American Romantic writers?
a. Cities are centers of corruption and ugliness
b. European literature has no traditions worth considering
c. Westward expansion is exploitative and dangerous
d. Ordinary readers do not appreciate Romantic ideals
2. Through Gothic novels, Romantic writers explored
a. the reasons for the decay of European society
b. mysteries linked to the subconscious mind
c. the civilization of Goths
d. lessons to be drawn from traditional religious
7. The principal message conveyed in "The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls" is that
a. humans have little control over their fate
b. life is short
c. the sea is dangerous
d. people bustle about, but nature moves slowly
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English 3 - 1. Which sentence states an opinion held by American Romantic ...
- English - (I just need 2 writer ideas) In the middle of the 19th century, ...
- english 10 - Prompt A: compare and contrast the topics and themes of writers ...
- English - which of the following statements about american romantic poetry is ...
- American History - What were the main causes of the American Civil War? I have...
- Social Studies - How can I find out the population for each state during the ...
- poetry - American romantic writers rejected rationalism because they believed ...
- English - Compare and contrast the topics and themes of writers from the ...
- HE AGE OF JEFFERSON TO THE AMERICAN EXPANSION - During Jefferson's presidency, ...
- college class - What are the most significant similaritiesbetween the Chinese ...