Posted by leslie on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 3:48pm.
1. Which of the following statements regarding stress and hair loss is NOT true?
a. The best treatments for stress induced hair loss are to improve sleep quality, manage stress, and have a healthy dietary intake.
b. Stress may cause hair to fall out as a result of destroyed hair follicles.
c. Stress may cause hair to fall out in clumps.
d. Stress induced hair loss is irreversible.
2. Emily is experiencing chronic stress in a dysfunctional relationship. Which of the following looks at the allostatic load Emily is carrying?
a. the long term wear and tear of the stress response
b. the magnitude of the response to a stressor
c. None of these
d. the magnitude of a stressor required to cause a response
3. Stress can have a positive physical impact.
4. John walked into his house one summer day and discovered the air conditioner was not working. He did not get too upset because the last time this happened he found a great repair company that was fast and affordable; he also had some fans to keep him cool enough temporarily. John did not experience excessive stress because
a. he loves the heat.
b. he lacks the coping resources needed to fix the A/C himself.
c. he has low self-esteem and does not think he could fix the A/C himself.
d. his appraisal of the stressor told him he could cope with it.
5. John is a really good student and seems pretty resilient. He usually gets all of his work completed; if he misses an assignment he acknowledges it is his own fault. His friends really respect John; they just wish he did not explode so easily over little things. Which of the following is true about John?
a. John has the typical Type A personality.
b. None of these
c. John's personality varies depending on the situation.
d. John has a hardy personality.
6. Stress can disrupt bidirectional communications between which of the following bodily systems?
a. All of these
7. All of the following are effective stress management techniques EXCEPT
a. Relaxing with a cup of coffee and some doughnuts.
b. Thinking positive thoughts.
c. Joining your office partner in a daily lunchtime walk.
d. Managing your time well.
8. Which of the following statements best describes self-esteem?
a. Self-esteem has to do with one's confidence and self-satisfaction.
b. Self-esteem is inherited and can rarely change.
c. Self-esteem has to do with the ability to follow others' lead.
d. Self-esteem is established during childhood.
9. Perception of stress may have as big an impact on a person as an actual stressor.
10. Relationships can cause stress in all the following ways EXCEPT
a. decreased appetite and ability to sleep.
b. aspiring to be the best one can be.
c. excitement and eustress felt in a new relationship.
d. lowered self esteem from a destructive relationship.
11. Which of the following situations might impair immunity?
a. Your grandmother moves in with your family after her stroke.
b. Every little problem really "stressed you out."
c. All of these
d. You are involved in a motor vehicle accident.
12. Amy feels great these days. She knows what to expect this semester, has refined her time management skills, and has learned hour to manage her responses to stressors. Her weight is under control and she is in the best physical condition of her life. She doesn't have any worries. Amy is in a state of
b. sympathetic control.
13. Jo has been seeing a counselor to discuss her issues with anxiety and depression which developed a few months after taking a job in a new city. Which of the following is most likely true regarding the source of her anxiety and depression?
a. Her anxiety and depression are caused by biological factors.
b. Her anxiety and depression are caused by following a routine.
c. Her anxiety and depression are caused by inconsistent values.
d. Her anxiety and depression are caused by a lack of social support.
14. A common stressor likely experienced by college freshman who are living away from home the for the first time is
15. The following is true about stress:
a. Stress does not affect our general health condition.
b. Stress produces a physical response of our bodies to the changes and challenges of life.
c. We can usually eliminate all stressors in our lives if we try hard enough.
d. Stress is only produced by externally imposed factors.
16. Mary is behind on her coursework because of conditioning for this weekend's tryouts for the swim team. On top of that she broke up with her boyfriend last week. Monica, Mary's twin sister, does not swim so she has plenty of time to get her work done before her boyfriend visits every evening. Compared to Monica, Mary is likely to report
a. fewer cold types of symptoms.
b. less joint pain.
c. more upper respiratory illness.
d. more hours of sleep.
17. Jack lives behind the train depot in a cheap, old rental house. He gets a lot of colds and he thinks it is because of a buildup of germs over the years in the house. The most likely cause of Jack's recurrent minor illnesses is/are
a. a major immune disorder.
b. background distressors.
18. Pressure is a result of internal but not external factors.
19. Luci has worked as a customer service representative for two years. She believes that this job has improved her ability to cope with a variety of stressful situations and is confident in her abilities to do so. Luci has this personality trait:
a. type B.
b. type A.
20. Hearing unknown footsteps following you late at night on campus would likely trigger the ________ phase of GAS.
21. David woke up in the middle of the night because he smelled something burning. This most likely caused
a. the flight or fight response.
c. the resistance phase.
d. adaptation manifestation.
22. The mind's reaction to stress can affect the immune system.
23. People with high levels of stress are less likely to develop upper respiratory infections.
24. The stress hormone cortisol has a major role during the stress response in the following.
a. increasing heart rate
b. decreasing appetite
c. relieving pain
d. mobilizing nutrients in the blood
25. Stress has a strong connection to which of the following medical conditions?
a. impaired immune function
b. All of these
c. heart disease
No one has answered this question yet.
Answer this Question
chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
psychology - Regarding the use of anesthetics during childbirth, which of the ...
STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES - Which of the following physiological symptoms ...
can someone please check my accounting answers - Can someone please check my ...
history - Which of the following statements is true regarding the Korean War?
Anonymous - Which of the following statements is true regarding the construction...
please check my answer health insurance - Please check my answer thanks :) True ...
Chemistry - 1. Regarding solutions and solids, which statement is true? A. If ...
PHYSICS HELP - Please check to see if these statements are right. Through the ...
Health/Specialty Exams and Advance Techniques - please check the answer to this ...
For Further Reading