Posted by Laruen on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 8:52pm.
What is the Proclamation of 1763????
To control the colonists and prevent wars with Native Americans (such as the Pontiac War) the British passed the Act.
Does that define it!!?!??!
Please don't ban me, ignore me, and no rude comments
I got this answer from the handout my ss teacher gave me and the class.
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 8:58pm
It does not adequately define this proclamation.
You need to tell what the colonists could NOT do as a result of this act.
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Laruen, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:03pm
colonist were not perimitted to settle west beyond the imaginary line of the app mtn
all settlets living there should remove themselves at once
british sent 10,000 troops to enforce the law colonist had to pay for the troops
i got this under the answer I just told you from the handout.
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:09pm
What is app mtn?
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Laruen, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:13pm
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:16pm
Be sure you spell it out in the answer you turn in to your teacher.
Now your answer is excellent! :-)
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Laruen, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:18pm
Proclamation of 1763
The Proclamation of 1763 was issued by the United Kingdom government in the name of King George III to prohibit settlement by British colonists beyond the Appalachian Mountains in the lands captured by Britain from France in the French and Indian War. The motivation for the proclamation was a desire to avoid the expense of further wars with Native Americans. The proclamation was largely ignored on the ground (in particular in settlements already established in the prohibited area) but its very existence created a large amount of resentment among the British colonists (especially in Virginia) and was one of the factors leading to the American Revolutionary War.
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Laruen, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:19pm
Thank You! :)
ignore my post above.
- SS7R - HW Question Check - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:23pm
Answer this Question
- social studies help assap - which of the following effects of the french and ...
- U.S. History - What exactly were the colonists' reactions after the King issued ...
- Social Studies 7R - Question Homework Check - What is the Proclamation of 1763...
- AP U.S History - I have to respond to a DBQ on the Independent Revolution. The ...
- History - 1) The Proclamation of 1763 called for (1point) Settlers to move ...
- Social Studies - What was the role of the Native Americans during the ...
- History help!!!!!!!! - Why did the colonists react to the Coercive Acts with ...
- S.S - 5. What was the role of the Native Americans during the Revolutionary War...
- history - Why did the British issue the proclamation of 1763 and what effect did...
- U.S. History - please check these: 1. The French adn Indian War led to: a. a ...