Posted by Jordan on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 1:44pm.
analaze the graph of y = 2/ (x^2-9)
vertical asymptotes: ____________________
horizontal asymptotes: ____________________
increasing intervals: ____________________
decreasing intervals: ____________________
relative maxima: ____________________
relative minima: ____________________
concave up intervals: ____________________
concave down intervals: ____________________
inflection points: ____________________
- Calc - Steve, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 1:49pm
no ideas on any of those answers?
vertical asymptotes where denominator is zero
horizontal asymptote is y=0, since denominator has higher power
increasing where y' > 0
max/min where y' = 0 and y'' not zero
concave up where y'' > 0
inflection where y'' = 0
y' = 4x/(x^2-9)^2
y'' = 12(x^2 + 3)/(x^2 - 9)^3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calc - y = 4x -4 / x^2 vertical asymptotes: ____________________ horizontal ...
- Chemistry Help!! - Types of Reactions Worksheet Balance the following equations...
- Spanish: Check my Answers Please, Thank you!! - The question Answer choices what...
- science - Chemical weathering takes place fastest in a ____________________ and ...
- Chemistry 111 - Write the conjugate base for each of the following: a. HPO4^-2 ...
- Chemistry 111 - Write the conjugate acid for each of the following: a. HCO3^1- ...
- algebra - Identify the property or rule that justifies each step in the ...
- Medical Billing and Coding - Patient is admitted for radiation therapy for ...
- Physics - Three masses, m1 (a mouse), m2 (a bear) and m3 (an elephant), are in ...
- Calculus (urgent!!) - Please answer the following questions about the function f...