Posted by Calista on Monday, January 23, 2012 at 4:38pm.
An animal shelter have 1008 cats, dogs, and rabbits. The ratio of the number of dogs to the number of cats in the animal shelter is 3:7. The ratio of the number of rabbits to the number of dogs is 2:5.
How many rabbits are there in the shelter?
Math - Steve, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 5:31pm
d:c = 3:7
r:d = 2:5
find a common multiple for d
d:c = 15:35
r:d = 6:15
r:d:c = 6:15:35
1008/(6+15+35) = 18
so, there are
6*18 = 108 rabbits
15*18 = 270 dogs
35*18 = 630 cats
Math - Calista, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 6:11pm
could you please tell me why need find a common multiple in this solve problem math ? thanks!
Math - Calista, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 6:15pm
oh, ye. i got it. thanks for your help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Singapore Math - An animal shelter has 1008 cats, dogs and rabbits. The ratio of...
- Math - The ratio of the number of cats to the number of dogs in an animal ...
- 4th Grade Math - The ratio of the number of dogs to the number of cats at an ...
- MATH - THERE are six times as many cats at the Orange County Animal Shelter than...
- ratio and proportions - A pet store currently carries 3 times as many dogs as ...
- Math - In its monthly report, the local animal shelter states that it currently ...
- geometry - An animal shelter has 22 cats and 16 dogs. Write the ration of dogs ...
- algebra - 1. a chemical compound requires 8 ounces of chemical a and 12 ounces ...
- Math word problem. - In a pet store the number of dogs is 11 more than 3 times ...
- math - The ratio of the number of cats to the number of birds at the shp is 2 : ...