Posted by Sara on Monday, January 23, 2012 at 4:17pm.
The physician has prescribed a medication of 3.5 mg/kg of body weight. If you give 297 mg of medication what is body weight of patient in kg? Is there a converstion formula?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 4:30pm
I don't know that there is but you can make one.
3.5 mg/kg x # kg = 297 mg.
Solve for # kg.
- chemistry - Sara, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 4:52pm
Tell me what you think: I wrote
#kg = 297mg / 3.5 mg/kg the mg's would eliminate each other and you are left with 297 / 3.5 kg = 85 kg.
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 5:17pm
Your answer is correct; however, you haven't made a new formula. You've just solved the equation I gave you.
- chemistry - Sara, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 5:33pm
that is very true. What I was asking involves something like this as an example:
30mg/kg*1000g / 1kg* 1g /1000mg
30-/kg* 1000-/1-* 1g/1000-
30 * 1000/1000 * 1g = 30g
- chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 8:00pm
You might be thinking of something like this in dimensional analysis. The factor is 3.5 mg/kg (or 1 kg/3.5 mg).
297 x (1 kg/3.5 mg) = 297/3.5 = 85 kg.
- chemistry - Sara, Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 9:09am
Thanks, That's it!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I need help with this homework question: The dosage for a medication is 1...
- Chemistry - There is a patient whose height is 5ft. 4 inches and weight is about...
- Aged College Student - The dosage of a certain medication is 1/4 ounce for every...
- pharmacology - 1. Which one of the following drugs would you instruct a patient...
- Pharmacology - Could someone please check my answers. Thank you! 1. Patient ...
- scince - When a body hanging from a spring balance is immersed in water it ...
- Science - A body weight 500 N in air and weight of displace water is 300N then ...
- physics - When a body hanging from a spring balance is immersed in water it ...
- algebra - The function A(t) = 200e^-0.014t gives the amount of medication, in ...
- maths - The ‘body mass index’ is used to find the body weight that is ...