Posted by juan777 on Monday, January 23, 2012 at 12:29am.
A couple intends to have four children. Assume that having a boy and girl is equally likely event.
a) List sample space
b) Find the probability that couple has two boys and two girls;
c) Find the probability that couple has at least one boy
math - Reiny, Monday, January 23, 2012 at 9:01am
finish the chart
GGGG --- you should have 16 of these
count the number of cases for each of your events,
then divide by 16 to the prob.
math - LOL, Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 2:49pm
5. A couple plans to have 3 children. Find the possible ways the couple can have 3 children.
- 1a3b+3a2b1+3a1b2+1 a0b3
1a3= 1 case with boy, boy, boy
3a2b1= 3 cases with 2 boys and a girl
3a1b2=3 cases with a boy and 2 girls
1b3= 1 case of girl, girl and girl.
math - Water, Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 8:29am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - Define each of the following probability terms for the scenario of ...
- odds of... - Does anyone know the odds of having Two girls as children as ...
- statistics - 3. A couple is planning on having four children. Assume that the ...
- probability - a couple is planning to have three children. Find the probability ...
- Math - In a family with two children, what are the probabilities of the ...
- probability - For a family with 2 children, the sample space indicating boy (B) ...
- statistic - Three Children – A couple are planning to have 3 children. What is ...
- Statistics - Supposed (as is roughly correct) that each child born is equally ...
- college math - A couple plan to have exactly three children. (a) Construct a ...
- Math - A newly married couple expected a boy and a girl or four children, ...