Posted by valentino anthony on Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 1:20am.
a ball of mass 8kg falls from rest from a height of 100m.neglecting air resistance,calculate its total energy after falling a distance of 40m
- physics - drwls, Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 3:05am
Assuming that potential energy is defined so that the value at ground level is zero, the total kinetic energy starts at M*g*H and remains that value until it hits the ground. Potential eneergy is changed to kinetic as it falls.
M = 8 kg
g = 9.8 m/s^2
H = 100 m
Total energy = ____ J
(Just multiply the three numbers)
- physics - Ode francis, Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 5:07pm
- physics - Olorunsola Ademola, Sunday, April 22, 2012 at 4:44pm
Datas.mass=8kg,height=100m,distance=40m.And the question state find the total energy,so the addtion of kinectic & potential energy is the total energy. Ep=m*g*h.while g is constant at 10m/s^2.Ek =1/2 m*v^2.distance wil be represent velocity, so v=4om.after that add both answer 2gether.the answer is our total energy
- physics - ogala ojo, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 9:28am
E.p is equal to mgh
8 mutiply by 10 multiply by 100 is equal to 800joules
- physics - Ubong U., Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 6:08pm
This question is just straight forward. We know that it all about EK and EP but it common sense to answer this question. It says
8kg falls from rest and
the height is 100 m
Neglect air resistance and calculate the total energy after falling a distance of 40 m.
Fall from rest _ 8*100= 800.
Total energy after falling is 40 *100=4000.
Then you add the both answers together, that is falling from rest * total energy after falling, which is; 800 + 4000 = 4800joules...
- physics - Uhuo, Friday, June 26, 2015 at 3:32am
Its k.E= 0.5*m*v^2 while v^2 =2gh/2gh. Therefore k.E = 0.5*8* 44.7^2 =
- physics - olayiwola, Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 1:45pm
- physics ggss abaji - Mariam, Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 2:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A boy of mass 8kg falls from rest from a height of 100m, neglecting ...
- Physics - A ball of mass 8kg falls from rest from a height of 100m neglecting ...
- physics - A ball of mass 8kg falls from rest from a height of100m neglecting air...
- Physics - Pls help with a solution.....a boy of mass 8kg falls from rest from a ...
- Physics - A ball of mass 8 kg falls from rest from a height of 100 m. Neglecting...
- physis - A ball of mass 80kg falls from rest from a height of 100m.neglecting ...
- Physics - But aceeleration due to gravity is 1o m/s.....so if a boy of mass 8kg ...
- science(physics) - a ball of mass 8kg falls from rest from a height of 100m ...
- Physics - I've tried a bunch, have no idea. Got the first part, no idea on the ...
- physics - A spring-loaded toy gun is used to shoot a ball of mass m straight up ...