Posted by ann on Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:24pm.
could you please check this answer for me and correct. thanks
given equation point slope form linear equation to use to do question. y-3 = 3(x+1)
question rewrite this equation in standard form
y- 3 + 3 = 3x - 3x +3 + 3
-3x+ y = 6 collect all variables on one side and constants on other for standard form.
next question said, what is the x intercept of this line? would it be talking about -1 from original equation or -3x + y = 6
-3x = y(0) = 6
x = -2 x inter is -2
thanks for your help. ann
algebra - Reiny, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 11:03pm
-3x + y = 6 is correct, but we usually start with a positive x term, so
3x - y = -6
for the x-intercept, let y = 0 , (you are on the x-axis)
3x - 0 = -6
x = -2
the x-intercept is -2
yes, you were right.
algebra - ann, Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 3:42pm
Reiny, thank you very much for your help. ann
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Use the point-slope form linear equation given to complete the following ...
- Algebra 1 - Algebra 1 help please :( Use the point-slope from linear equation ...
- algebra - could you please see if i have correct answers thanks very much use ...
- algebra - given point slope form linear equation to use in answers y-3=3(x+ 1) a...
- Algebra - Choose 1 set of points from the choices below. Then, solve the problem...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- Algebra - What is 2x=7? Is it a standard form, or slope-intercept form, or not a...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- algebra - Could you please help me?? point-slope form linear equation y-3 = 3(x+...
- Math - 1. Use point-slope form to write the equation of a line that has a slope ...