Posted by Jennifer on Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:12pm.
How do you think immigration of some ethnic groups has affected their risk of obesity and other chronic diseases? What intervention do you think can help to reduce obesity in children?
Public Health - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:16pm
To which immigrants are you referring?
Public Health - Jennifer, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:18pm
any immigrants its a general question
Public Health - Jennifer, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:19pm
just immigration in general
Public Health - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:22pm
It's too broad to be answered without more information. Some immigrants are accustomed to eating fatty and starchy foods. Some immigrants are very poor and have poor diets. Providing families with low fat and nourishing diets will help the children avoid obesity.
Public Health - Jennifer, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:26pm
well i believe Spanish groups are at risk of obesity than any other ethnic group because they prepare big meals and eat a lot of meals a day....what do you think?
Public Health - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:29pm
I disagree. Spain ranks 12th behind the U.S. in obesity.
Public Health - Jennifer, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:31pm
well what about mexico?? i read that latin cultures are 3rd in the obesity ranking....
Public Health - Writeacher, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:37pm
(Broken Link Removed)
This book presents lots of research into various ethnicities over a long span of time, looking at obesity and what commonalities there are among different groups of people (some who have a high rate of obesity and some who do not). It's all very interesting.
Public Health - Ms. Sue, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 9:39pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - Can you explain confidence intervals as it relates to the results ...
- math, please double check me - . The state of Maryland has a healthy children ...
- Health Check answers plz - Can someone check my answers? 1. Obesity is the ...
- com220 - can you help me paraphrase this: Obesity means an excess amount of body...
- Health - What is the Affordable Care Act? A. A program that covers diet ...
- Health - What do obesity trends presented by surveillance systems help with? ...
- public health issue - Scenario In a rural area of Guatemala, three groups of ...
- health - Adults and children should limit their intake of sodium because? A. ...
- Health - What short-term and long-term health conditions are direct consequences...
- Health - Why is having excessive abdominal fat a serious concern? A. Because it ...