Posted by <3 on Friday, January 20, 2012 at 12:37am.
Homophones can be used humorously in riddles.The answer to each of the riddles below is a homophone groaner!
a) What type of sandals do frogs like?Open_____.
b)What is called when your rabbit is depressed? A bad_______day.
c) What is the most important part of a horse? The _______part
I am not Canadian thats why i dont know the answer:(
- Language - Anon, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 12:54am
Toed (Toad) is the first.
- Language - Anon, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 1:01am
The main (mane) part. Clever.
- Language - <3, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 1:07am
- Language - Anon, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 1:09am
The other is bad hair (hare) day.
- Language - <3, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 1:54am
Thank you for helping me:)
- Language - Steve, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 10:51am
As long as we're telling jokes, my favorite triple-homophone entry is about the old cattle rancher who wanted to retire, so he asked his three boys to take over the ranch. They agreed to do so, but only if they could rename the spread to be the "Focal Point Ranch."
Confused, the old man asked why they wanted that name, and they replied, "Because that's where the sun's rays meet!" (sons raise meat)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Hard Riddles? - I need riddles to stump my friends >:<
- Riddles, etc. - Since riddles aren't homework, Chris's riddle and many others ...
- Language Homophones - What is the homophone for racecourse.?
- riddles - is any one good at riddles? here is the clue for the treasure. a ...
- riddles - a lion, 2 bears, and a scorpion are some you can see without light The...
- language arts - Homonym riddles Why is Sunday the strongest day?
- philosyphy - Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways? Why is there ...
- Riddle - Looking for a word that fits this riddle: Look near a lively game; ...
- homophones - is the word days a homophone?
- Homophones/ 8th grade English - What is a homophone for racecourse?