Posted by Shawna on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 8:55pm.
Here is the assignment:
Ten years ago, you started working as a clerk for DMD Medical Supplies. Six months ago, Liz Jakowski, the human
resources director, promoted you to office manager. You manage two employees: Jack Snyder and Ruth Disselkoen. Your office provides secretarial support for the four members
of the executive team. Two years ago, Liz had assigned Jack to support Ralph Alane and Jessica Hilo. Ruth was assigned to Samuel Daley and Frank Daley. The work flow was equally balanced.
You’ve noticed that in the last three months Ruth has cut her breaks short to complete her work, complains of being tired, and at least twice a month requires overtime hours costing
the company an additional $200 a month. In the last three weeks, Frank Daley has complained to you a few times about
the poor quality of Ruth’s work.
On the other hand, over the last three months, Jack frequently seems to have little to do. He has begun coming in late a couple times a week and taking more than the allotted break times. What work he does have, however, is always professionally completed.
Although you don’t have the authority to change the work assignments of the two administrative assistants or the
executive team, you clearly need to change your office assignments so that both Jack and Ruth work regularly
without requiring overtime.
• Facts and figures that define the problem (the cause)
• Details that show the impact of the problem (effects) on
Jack, Ruth, and the company
• The steps needed to change the situation
• Reason to implement each step, including the benefits
to your employees, your supervisor, and the company
• Information about your role in the change
Divide the paragraph into two main ideas and reorganize your information accordingly to develop two separate paragraphs based on Section 2. The paragraphs must first describe your solution and then persuade your supervisor to implement that solution. Each paragraph must have one main idea related to this purpose and audience
I'm having a real hard time understanding what to do or how to change things when I can't touch how the excutives do the job and I can only aid Ruth and Jack. I know the root of the problem is Jessica's leave of absence but can't figure out what to write.
Any tips on how I can properly think about this before writting ? I'm not searching for the answer I just have a hard time following what is being asked.
Any help would be appreciated !
- Improving your writing - Writeacher, Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:10pm
I don't know how to solve the personnel problem with these two. Frankly, I'd probably fire them both, and then hire two people who don't do these things!!
- Improving your writing - Shawna, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 6:34am
See that is sorta my thought on it too but I think that probably isn't an option.
Before I even think of writing this one I'm gonna ask around for suggestions...
That's what my book says is a good idea to do when your stuck and I must admit this one has me completely stumped !!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- improving your writing - Ten years ago, you started working as a clerk for DMD ...
- writing - Ten years ago, you started working as a clerk for DMD Medical Supplies...
- english - I need help with how to start a realistic plan which solves the uneven...
- apply skills and rules improving your writing - Ten years ago, you started ...
- English - • Facts and figures that define the problem (the cause)? • Facts and ...
- Writing - What if ten years ago, you started working as a clerk for DMD Medical ...
- Improving Your Writing - Ten years ago, I started working as a clerk for DMD ...
- medical transcription - Ten years ago I started working for DMD medical Supplies...
- Improving Your Writing - Background: Ten years ago, you started working as a ...
- Writing - BACKGROUND: Ten years ago, I started working as a clerk for DMD ...