Posted by Tony on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 2:37am.
I would really appreciate it if someone would please help me out with this lab, Stoichiometry by Loss of CO2, from my 12th grade chemistry class.
1. This experiment requires you to do 7 trials with varying amounts of Na2CO2.
2. Take a clean 50 mL beaker from the Glassware shelf and place it on the workbench. This is beaker # 1.
3. Take a balance from the Tools shelf and drop it on the beaker. Record the mass of the empty beaker: 47.420g
4. Add 20 mL of 3M H2SO4 to the beaker. Measure and record the mass of the beakers again: 70.035g
5. Add Na2CO2 to each beaker in the following amounts:
(a) To the first beaker, add 1g Na2CO2. Total mass: 70.620g
(b) To the second beaker, add 2g Na2CO2. Total mass: 71.205g
(c) To the third beaker, add 4g Na2CO2. Total mass: 72.375g
(d) To the fourth beaker, add 6g Na2CO2. Total mass: 73.544g
(e) To the fifth beaker, add 8g Na2CO2. Total mass: 75.395g
(f) To the sixth beaker, add 10g Na2CO2. Total mass: 77.395g
(g) To the seventh beaker, add 12g Na2CO2. Total mass: 79.395g
6. Bubbling of the CO2 gas indicates that a reaction has taken place. Weigh and record the mass of the beaker and its contents now.
7. Click on the beaker and drag it to the recycle bin on the right side of the workbench. Click Yes to recycle the beaker and its contents.
8. Repeat Steps 3-6 with a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh beaker. Drag the balance onto the new beaker to measure its mass. Make sure that you use the right amount of Na2CO2 for each beaker as indicated in Step 5!
1. Record the amount of CO2 produced versus the amount of Na2CO2 used in each of the 7 beakers.
2. Discuss your results in terms of moles. Is there a linear relationship between the amount of Na2CO2 used and the amount of CO2 produced?
Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
Answer this Question
proofread my essay? - If I post my rough draft of an essay on here, can someone ...
History please help - Could someone explain what does it mean to "stabilize ...
Algebra 2 - Solve and Graph: ( i know that second part would be difficult but ...
science - A hydraulic jack is needed to raise an object with a force of 4000 N ...
Business Communications - Which of the following would be classified as an ...
Chemistry - My final exam is coming up so I am doing study guides to help me ...
English - When should someone use awhile and a while? I know one is a noun. ...
Chemistry - What volume would be occupied at 0°C and 1 atm by 3 mol CO₂(g...
Chemistry - In an atom, an electron in which of these sublevels can absorb a ...
7th grade math - Horses, pigs and cows is really easy I can do it in my head but...