Posted by Tony on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 2:37am.
I would really appreciate it if someone would please help me out with this lab, Stoichiometry by Loss of CO2, from my 12th grade chemistry class.
1. This experiment requires you to do 7 trials with varying amounts of Na2CO2.
2. Take a clean 50 mL beaker from the Glassware shelf and place it on the workbench. This is beaker # 1.
3. Take a balance from the Tools shelf and drop it on the beaker. Record the mass of the empty beaker: 47.420g
4. Add 20 mL of 3M H2SO4 to the beaker. Measure and record the mass of the beakers again: 70.035g
5. Add Na2CO2 to each beaker in the following amounts:
(a) To the first beaker, add 1g Na2CO2. Total mass: 70.620g
(b) To the second beaker, add 2g Na2CO2. Total mass: 71.205g
(c) To the third beaker, add 4g Na2CO2. Total mass: 72.375g
(d) To the fourth beaker, add 6g Na2CO2. Total mass: 73.544g
(e) To the fifth beaker, add 8g Na2CO2. Total mass: 75.395g
(f) To the sixth beaker, add 10g Na2CO2. Total mass: 77.395g
(g) To the seventh beaker, add 12g Na2CO2. Total mass: 79.395g
6. Bubbling of the CO2 gas indicates that a reaction has taken place. Weigh and record the mass of the beaker and its contents now.
7. Click on the beaker and drag it to the recycle bin on the right side of the workbench. Click Yes to recycle the beaker and its contents.
8. Repeat Steps 3-6 with a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh beaker. Drag the balance onto the new beaker to measure its mass. Make sure that you use the right amount of Na2CO2 for each beaker as indicated in Step 5!
1. Record the amount of CO2 produced versus the amount of Na2CO2 used in each of the 7 beakers.
2. Discuss your results in terms of moles. Is there a linear relationship between the amount of Na2CO2 used and the amount of CO2 produced?
Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
Answer this Question
Chemistry - I would really appreciate it if someone would please help me out ...
chemistry - answers to latenite labs chemistry lab#9 stoichiometry by loss of ...
Chemistry - What volume would be occupied at 0°C and 1 atm by 3 mol CO₂(g...
Chemistry - Okay, I have some confusion on a lab question for chemistry. The ...
Chemistry - I am so confused with my chemistry lab right now. We were given the ...
Calculus - My teacher showed our class how to find the graph of a derivative ...
Chemistry - I am working on a redox stoichiometry lab. I need to calculate the ...
proofread my essay? - If I post my rough draft of an essay on here, can someone ...
chemistry lab (college level) - So, this is going to be more like 2 or 3 ...
College Chemistry - For my homework I got this problem that my professor never ...