Posted by Melinda on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 1:51am.
Would someone like to help me with these questions?
1. If the diameter of a monster truck tire is 3.5 m and it makes one rotation every 5 seconds, how far does the tire
roll in 1 minute?
2. At t=0 a car is due 2 km north of you heading west moving 13 km/s after 1.5s. What is the angle in radians between you and the car from where the car was at t=0?
a) 2.306 rads
b) 0.9475 rads
c) 2.936 rads
d) 1.468 rads
- Math - kk-gothgirl-kk, Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 2:01am
1) 23, sorry i dont know the other one :(
- Math - drwls, Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 6:54am
Please ignore all answers and posts of kk-gothgirl-kk.
1. pi*D*(60/5 revolutions) = 131.9 meters
2. Check your problem statement again. No car can travel 13 km/s. That is more like the velocity of a launched rocket. If you meant 13 m/s, the car would only move 19.5 m in 1.5 s, and the angular displacement would be smaller than any of your choices.
My guess is that you copied both the speed and time dimensions wrong.
- Math - Melinda, Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:50am
For 1, I got the same answer however, the book says 263.89 m
- Math - kk-h8r_n_luvin_it, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 4:12pm
okay , i must say i thought it said how many times does it turn. if it was what i thought it was then my answer would have been correct. it was not therefore it was wrong. i take responsibility. IT WAS JUST A FRIGGIN MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - If the diameter of a monster truck tire is 3.5 m and it makes one ...
- geometry - a monster truck's is 8 ft in diameter. during the last event, the ...
- Trig - a child puts beads on one spoke of a bicycle wheel. the tire has a ...
- Math - A truck tire travels about 11 feets in 1 full rotation. What is the ...
- Math- Trig please help! - A tire with a diameter of 100 cm rotates 20 times in 3...
- math - Michael's bicycle tire has a diameter of about 30m. How far does it cover...
- Math 10 - A trundle wheel can be used to measure the walking distance between ...
- Physics - A Ferris Wheel with a radius of 15 meter makes one complete rotation ...
- algebra - a truck has a diameter of 25 inches. a tack is stuck on the bottom of ...
- Trig - Need hellpp!! If a bicycle has 26 inch diameter wheels and the front “...