posted by Tony on .
Please help me with the questions at the end of this chemistry lab.Thank you for any help you can provide.
1. This experiment requires you to do 7 trials with varying amounts of Na©üCO©ý.
2. Take a clean 50 mL beaker from the Glassware shelf and place it on the workbench. This is beaker # 1.
3. Take a balance from the Tools shelf and drop it on the beaker. Record the mass of the empty beaker.
4. Add 20 mL of 3M H©üSO©þ to the beaker. Measure and record the mass of the beakers again.
5. Add Na©üCO©ý to each beaker in the following amounts:
(a) To the first beaker, add 1g Na©üCO©ý.
(b) To the second beaker, add 2g Na©üCO©ý.
(c) To the third beaker, add 4g Na©üCO©ý.
(d) To the fourth beaker, add 6g Na©üCO©ý.
(e) To the fifth beaker, add 8g Na©üCO©ý.
(f) To the sixth beaker, add 10g Na©üCO©ý.
(g) To the seventh beaker, add 12g Na©üCO©ý.
6. Bubbling of the CO©ü gas indicates that a reaction has taken place. Weigh and record the mass of the beaker and its contents now.
7. Click on the beaker and drag it to the recycle bin on the right side of the workbench. Click ?Yes? to recycle the beaker and its contents.
8. Repeat Steps 3-6 with a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh beaker. Drag the balance onto the new beaker to measure its mass. Make sure that you use the right amount of Na©üCO©ý for each beaker as indicated in Step 5!
Questions 1 and 2:
1. Record the amount of CO©ü produced versus the amount of Na©üCO©ý used in each of the 7 beakers.
2. Discuss your results in terms of moles. Is there a linear relationship between the amount of Na©üCO©ý used and the amount of CO©ü produced?
Se your responses above.