Posted by becca on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 11:03pm.
solve with an exact answer.
x^2 + 2x - 8
Quadraitic equations - drwls, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 11:29pm
Start by factoring
(x+4)(x-2) = 0
The equation is true if either factor is zero.
x = +__ or -___
Quadraitic equations - becca, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 11:31pm
Can you show me the steps please???? to solve this equation.
Quadratic equations - drwls, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 11:44pm
I just did. The final answer is 2 or -4. Do you understand how to factor equations? That might be a topic worth reviewing.
If you wan to do it the hard way, you can also use the quadratic equation
x = [-b +/-sqrt(b^2-4ac)]/(2a)
Then substitute a = 1, b = 2 and c = -8
sqrt(b^2 -4ac) = sqrt36 = 6
x = (1/2)*[-2 +/-6]
= (1/2)(4 or -8)
= 2 or -4
Quadraitic equations - becca, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 11:51pm
Thank you so much and I definetly need to review how to factor equations<<<good night and sweet dreams>>>thank you for helping me
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - 1)What is the 4x^2=y^2+8y+32 answer= either hyperbola or parabola 2)...
- differential equations - the directions are to determine whether or not the ...
- Calculus - Seperable Equations - Solve the separable differential equation (dy/...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations by an algebraic method. Leave answer in ...
- Basic Math - I forgot how to solve for two variables... Please check if I solved...
- quadratic equations - can you solve the equation using the quadratic formula x2...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone check my answers. Write the following equations in ...
- math - 4 In e= In (ã(3))/(x)-4 In e Solve the equations by finding the exact ...
- math - solve the equations by finding the exact solution 3=x-3
- ALGEBRA - Solve the equations by finding the exact solution. ln\(x\) - ln\(9...