Posted by Aliana on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 12:26pm.
A passenger in the rear seat of a car moving at a
steady speed is at rest relative to
*the side of the road
a pedestrian on the corner ahead
the front seat of the car
the wheels of the car
A person walks 1 mile every day for excercise, leaving
her porch at 9:00 a.m. and returning at 9:25 a.m.
What is the total displacement of her daily walk?
none of the above
A person drives north 6 blocks, turns west, and
then drives 6 blocks. The driver then turns south
and drives 6 blocks. How could the driver have made
the distance shorter while maintaining the same
*by driving west 6 blocks from the starting point
by driving north 4 blocks and west 7 blocks
by driving south 6 blocks from the starting point
by driving back to the starting point by the same route
A ball is rolled uphill a distance of 5 meters before it
slows, stops, and begins to roll back. The ball rolls
downhill 9 meters before coming to rest against a tree.
What is the magnitude of the ball's displacement?
Thank You :) I appreciate it! ^_^
Physics Please Check over my answers! - Henry, Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 7:56pm
1. Displacement is the difference between the starting point and the end. In this case, they are the same,Therefore, the displacement is 0.
2. Ans. is A.
3. 9 - 5 = 4 meters beyond starting point. Disp. = 4 meters.
Ans. is A.
Physics Please Check over my answers! - TwinWin, Saturday, March 10, 2012 at 2:45pm
Answer to the first question is: the front seat of the car.
Second answer is: 0
Third answer is: by driving west 6 blocks from the starting point
Fourth answer is: 4 meters
Physics Please Check over my answers! - Im one sexy mother goose's, Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 9:47am
Man I need some help too!
Physics Please Check over my answers! - Emily, Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 2:19pm
TwinWin got it right. 100% correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics Distance and Displacement Question? - A passenger in the rear seat of a ...
- Physics Please Check over my answers! - A passenger in the rear seat of a car ...
- Physics - A 60-kg front seat passenger is moving in a car initially with a speed...
- physics - A 54.5-kg passenger in the back seat of a van is wearing a seat belt ...
- Physics - A 60kg front seat passenger in a car moving initially with a speed of ...
- physics - Seat belts and air bags save lives by reducing the forces exerted on ...
- physics - A car traveling at 20 m/s stops in a distance of 50 m. Assume that the...
- Physics! - PLEASE HELP - A 75 kg passenger in a van is wearing a seat belt whent...
- physics - if a bird is sitting on a seat in a plane that is travelling 300 km/h[...
- Physics - A carnival seat and a passenger has a combined weight of 193. As the ...