Posted by Henry2 on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 5:39pm.
Ms Sue, I urgently need you to check these sentences I need to hand in for tomorrow and a few words.
1) knee-high socks, knee socks
Are they both possible?
2) a two-tone jumper/ a two-colour jumper (which is best?)
3) She proposed going to the cinema
She proposed that I should go to the cinema alone.
She proposed (intedended) to go to the cinema.
4) She recommended that I should move to London. (Wrong: she recommended me to leave for Paris??)
5) She ensured that I arrived home sound and safe (??).
6) She considered going to the cinema.
She arranged that a troupe of actors should come and re-enact his father's murder.
7) He acknowledged that he had stolen the money.
She acknowledged stealing the money.
- English - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 16, 2012 at 5:53pm
1. Yes, both are possible.
2. A two-toned jumper (sweater in the U.S.) would be two shades of the same color -- such as two shades of blue. A two-color jumper would be two different colors, such as blue and green.
3. The first two are right.
4. Right. She recommended that I leave Paris.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences I need to hand in for ...
- math - Paul has 8 white socks, 4 blue socks,10 grey socks, and 12 black socks in...
- Math - how many socks would you need to remove from a drawer containing 10 blue ...
- Finite Math - Eight white socks and four red socks are in a drawer. If two socks...
- Math - Abby has 18 blue socks and 4 white socks. How many socks does she need to...
- math - A drawer contains exactly 5 red socks, 8 blue socks, 10 while socks, 12 ...
- English - I'm posting you five sentences but I really don't know if all the ...
- math - Four blue socks, four white socks, and four gray socks are mixed in a ...
- math-probability - Eleven white socks and six red socks are in a drawer. If two ...
- probability - 7 white socks anf four black socks are in a bag. if two socks are ...