Posted by Georgianna on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 1:55pm.
If company A has an excess amount of glove they are willing to sell for a flat rate of 79.95. and company B has gloves they will sell for 30.95 and .15 per pair of gloves and company C also has gloves they will sell for 20.95 and .35 per pair. when will the costs be the same?
Intermediate Algebra - Reiny, Monday, January 16, 2012 at 2:16pm
.15x + 30.95 = 79.95
.15x = 49
x = 327 pairs of gloves
.35x + 20.95 = 79.95
x = 169 pairs of gloves
.35x + 20.95 = .15x + 30.95
.2x = 10
x = 50
A and B gloves will cost the same if they sell327 pairs
A and C gloves will cost the same at 169 pairs
B and C gloves will cost the same at 50 gloves
Silly question, unless I mis-understood the question.
Intermediate Algebra - Georgianna, Monday, January 16, 2012 at 3:41pm
Not a silly question and thanks for the help!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Discrete math - Total ten pair of gloves are there. If I choose five gloves at ...
- Algebra 2 - a company plans to sell embroidered hats for $15. the company's ...
- Finance - Company A wants to issue new 20-year bonds for needed projects. The ...
- Algebra 1 - A company that produces custom bike license plates spends $5525 per ...
- Math - A drawer has 10 pairs of gloves. If I grab 5 gloves at random, what is ...
- inter Algebra - A startup company can sell 1000 computers if they price them at...
- inter Algebra - A start up computer company can sell 1000 computers if they ...
- Algebra - A cab company charges a flat fee boarding rate in addition to a per ...
- English - I'm looking for a pair of gloves. 1. Are they for you? 2. Is it for ...
- MATH - In a drawer Richard has 5 pairs of gloves. Each pair has a different ...