Posted by spenceR on Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 10:53pm.
An apple is placed 17.0 cm in front of a diverging lens with a focal length of magnitude 23.2 cm. What is the image distance i of the image of the apple through this lens?
What is the magnification of the image of the apple?
Wwhich of the following statements are true and which are false?
The image of the apple is:
behind the lens?
unchanged in size?
Physics - drwls, Monday, January 16, 2012 at 5:01am
Learn to use the lens (and mirror) equation:
1/Do + 1/Di = 1/f
The object distance is Do = 17.0 cm in your case.
The focal length is 23.2 cm in this case.
Solve for image distance Di
The magnification is |Di/Do|
(note absolute value signs|.
Di will be negative in this case. That means the image is virtual, and not inverted.
Physics - Lauryn, Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 9:08am
An entomologist examines a bug by holding a magnifying glass at arm’s length and 10.0 cm away from the bug. The magnifying glass has a focal length of 15.0 cm. Find the image distance and the magnification
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - An apple is placed 17.0 cm in front of a diverging lens with a focal ...
- Physics - A lighted candle is placed 38 cm in front of a diverging lens. The ...
- Physics - An object is placed 30mm in front of a lens. An image of the object is...
- Science Important - 1. A toy of height 18.4 cm is balanced in front of a ...
- Physics - A lamp 10 cm high is placed 60cm in front of a diverging lens of focal...
- Physics - An object is placed 11.3 cm to the left of a diverging lens of focal ...
- physics - A converging lens of focal length 7.740 cm is 19.7 cm to the left of a...
- calculus problem - the thin lens equation in physics is 1/s+1/S=1/f where s is ...
- Physics - 1. A photographer uses a camera lens with focal length of 50.0 mm to ...
- Physics - A DIVERGING lens has a focal length of 35 cm. (a) Find the image ...