Posted by gary on Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:31am.
katy will flip 3 pennies once.How many possible outcomes for this compound event are there?
What is the probability that all 3 pennies will land on tails?
- math - Reiny, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:38am
So, what do you think?
- math - drwls, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:38am
There are 2^3 = 8 possibilities (permutations) if the order of appearance is important.
There are 4 combinations (0,1,2 or 3 tails)
The probability of TTT is 1/8
Answer this Question
- math - Three pennies are tossed into the air.What is the probability they will ...
- math - A child's coin bank contains $2.58 in pennies and nickels. If the number...
- math - Jenny places 100 pennies on a table, with 30 showing heads and 70 showing...
- maths - Class 5G is having a pizza party. Mrs Baker asked all the children to ...
- MATH - some pennies were on the table.erin saw that 56 were heads up and 44 were...
- math - You are going to toss 2 pennies 20 times. Make a prediction. how many ...
- math - Petra and Yelyenna begin with same number of pennies. After Petra gives ...
- Math Qs. Check!!!!!! - Jake puts pennies into a jar each morning and lets his ...
- Probability - Mary had 6 pennies and 4 nickels. If she took three coins, what is...
- Math - Suppose there are 500 pennies in a row... (math problem)? The pennies are...