Posted by Sonji on Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:30am.
Find out how many calls must be made to make Plan A the better deal.
• Plan A: $45 a month for unlimited calling Plan B $15 a month .10 per min.
I need to write a cost equation for plan A and for plan B then I need to solve.
math - Reiny, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:36am
Plan A: cost = 45
Plan B: cost = .10x + 15, where x is the number of minutes
You want to know when
.10x + 15 > 45
x + 150 > 450
x > 300
for 299 minutes:
PlanA = 45
PlanB = 29.90 + 15 = 44.90
...... Plan B is still better
for 301 minutes:
Plan a = 45
PlanB = 30.10 + 15 = 45.10
.... Plan A is better for x > 300
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - You need to choose between two phone plans for local calls. Plan A ...
- Math - Suppose your cell phone company offers two plans. The pay-per-call plan ...
- Management Science - For your phone calls, you can either A) buy a prepaid ...
- math - cellular phone companies. 1. with this plan each person is charged $19.95...
- math - Verizon has a cell phone plan for $28.00 per month plus $.30 per minute ...
- Math ASAP - Verizon has a cell phone plan for $28.00 per month plus $.30 per ...
- Geometry - Horizon has a cell phone plan for $28.00 per month plus $.30 per ...
- Math - I have the same problem as Marita. Can someone tell us what equation to ...
- Math - i reposted this cause i really need help: greg is considering 2 different...
- Math - A phone company had two plans for business. Plan A charged $12.00 a day ...