Posted by eve on Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 9:49am.
One side of triangle is 10 centimetres, two angles next to that side are 30° and 60°. I need to find all three angle bisectors of triangle.
math - Reiny, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 10:25am
You clearly have a 30-60-90 right-angled triangle where the hypotenuse is 10
So the sides are 5 , 5sqrt(3) and 10.
Did you want to find the lengths of the angle bisectors.
Simple trig calculations would do that.
Give it a shot.
math - eve, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 10:52am
It does not. Or I don‘t know what you‘re talking about.
Is these right if you can check, I tried to do it on my own.
10/3√3 ; 10√3/√2+√6 .
didnt get the last one...
math - Reiny, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:31am
Make a sketch, the 30-60-90 triangle has side ratios of 1 : √3 : 2.
Yours is similar to that by a factor of 5
You will have a triangle where the side opposite the 30° angle is 5, the side opposite the 60° angle is 5√3
and the hypotenuse is 10
(check: 5^2 + (5√3)^2 = 10^2 ?, yup!)
Now do one angle bisector at a time:
the 60° bisector, let it be of length x
cos 30° = x/5
x = 5cos 30 = 5(√3/2) = 5√3/2 or appr. 4.33
the 30° bisector, let its length be y
cos15° = y/(5√3)
y = 5√3 cos15 = appr. 8.37
the 90° bisector, let it be z
I will use the Sine Law
z/sin60 = 5/sin75 , (use angle sum of triangle to get 75)
z = 5sin60/sin75 = appr. 4.48
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - angles of a triangle The second angle of a garden triangle is four ...
- geometry (check answers) - Determine whether you can construct many, one, or no ...
- Geometry - Can you please explain the Side-Side- Side Postulate, The Side-Angle-...
- Math - 1. Find the value of X. In the inside of the triangle, there are 5 angles...
- Math - 1) Each side of a triangle is a different length. One side is 6, one side...
- math pls - The lengths of segments PQ and PR are 8 inches and 5 inches, ...
- geometry/math pls help - The lengths of segments PQ and PR are 8 inches and 5 ...
- Math(geometry) - I need to know how to find the meausure of a triangle using ...
- Trig - An isosceles triangle has a height of 12.5 m (measured from the unequal...
- Geomentry - What is the converse of the theorem statement: If a line parallel to...