posted by Henry2 .
I urgently need you to check these sentences, please.
1) How long have you know Peter? I' ve known him for two years, since I moved to Paris.
2) We'll arrive late unless we take a taxi.
3) We won't start dinner until/as long as your father doesn't arrive.
When I was on holiday, I didn't ahve to get up early but I had to do the cooking every day.
4) I had milk for breakfast. So did I/But I didn't . So had I (is a mistake).
5) We would like to know more about your travelling datails so as to organize everything properly before your arrival.
1) and 2) are all right.
3) We won't start dinner until your father arrives.
(Neither of your choices is good)
4) There are two different first persons (I) making opposite statements. Something like this would make more sense:
You had milk for breakfast but I didn't.
5) "So as to" is poor grammar, but sometimes heard. "In order to" can be substituted, or change to:
We would like to know more about your travelling details so we can organize everything properly before your arrival.