Posted by Debbie on Friday, January 13, 2012 at 1:47pm.
Solve by substitution
- Algebra 1 - Anonymous, Friday, January 13, 2012 at 2:22pm
Use the process of elimation and elimate the x varible. This gives you the y variable. Then you substitue this answer for the x varible. If you need any help with the process of elimantion, I could asist you more.
- Algebra 1 - Steve, Friday, January 13, 2012 at 2:46pm
However, using substitution,
pick either equation and solve for a variable:
3x+y = 38.0
y = 38-3x
Now substitute that value into the other equation:
2x + 3(38-3x) = 40.5
2x + 114 - 9x = 40.5
-7x = -73.5
x = 10.5
y = 38-3x = 6.5
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- math - solve each system of equations by substitution. y=3x-9 please help ...
- Algebra 1 - bobpursey, In this problem you helped me with earlier: Solve using ...
- Algebra - Can someone please help solve this? Solve by using addition or ...
- substitution method - Solve by substitution method please help me solve this. I ...
- algebra 1 - Solve the Foll by substitution x=1/5y 3x+2y=26 So, substitute 1/5y ...
- Algebra - Solve: 3x-2y=10 2x+3y=-2 Graph: Substitution: Elimination: Show Your ...
- Algebra - 8s+ 12 = 16, 6s+ 9t = 12 solve by substitution
- algebra 2 - 4p + 2q = 8 and q = 2p +1 solve by substitution