Posted by Steph on Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 1:49pm.
Hi there in the poem below i have to write an essay of how the new world is being portrayed with examples but im a bit stuck if someone can please help me:
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 1:53pm
If you're "a bit stuck," you must have some ideas. Please post them, and I'll be glad to comment on them and add to them if necessary.
English - Steph, Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 4:51pm
Well i have thought about writing how the new world resembles hope and a new beginning but im not sure which actual phrases can help me to support my description of the new world
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can someone help me with this poem, the question is how is the new ...
- English - Need help in describing the new worlld, what is it being portrayed as ...
- English - For our homework we had to draw and label an imaginary creature, then ...
- English-Essay Writing - If someone could check this for me please. I'm writing ...
- English - So I'm working on an english paper but I've been stuck the past hour ...
- English - fire and ice poem by robert frost. i have to write about how...... ...
- English - Read the following poem and then respond to the question below: “I’m ...
- english - Can someone read through my essay and make changes? This means a lot. ...
- History - I need help in history. I have to write a 4-5 paragraph essay on world...
- Language Arts - Good evening. I have a problem in English Language Arts. I have ...