Posted by cami on Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 2:12am.
Identifying and Classifying Gerunds
write how each is used: subject, predicate nominative, direct object, or object of a preposition. Could you possibly correct my homework? Thanks!
1. Her laughing attracted my attention. Laughing (subject)
2. By studying, you can improve your grades. Studying (object of preposition)
3. Why did the birds stop chirping? Chirping (direct object)
4. Writing in my journal has helped me understand myself better. Writing (subject)
5. Smiling, Dad said that we would all go to a movie when we had finished the cleaning. Smiling (predicate nominative)
6. What Joseph liked best was hiking to the peak. Hiking (predicate nominative)
7. Before leaving the beach, we sat and watched the fading light. Leaving (object of preposition)
8. Yesterday, Mrs. Jacobs was discussing having a garage sale. Discussing (direct object)
9. One of Alvin's bad habits is boasting. Boasting (predicate nominative)
10. Without knocking, the crying child threw open the door. Knocking (object of preposition)
English - Writeacher, Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 5:56am
5 and 8 are incorrect. The others are fine.
english - John, Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 8:56pm
Angry that there are no answers here?
english - John, Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 9:00pm
Angry that I posted that before reading?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. For example, I keep sports stamps (in my collection.) A. subject B...
- english - Decide if the underlined pronoun in the sentences below is used as a ...
- english HELP ASAP - the directions say : For each sentence, find the infinitive ...
- English 3 - 1) Select the abbreviation that tells how the italicized noun clause...
- HELP GRAMMAR ;-; PLZ CHECK IM SORRY ^^; - The first person in the door was she. ...
- English 3 - 1)Select the abbreviation that tells how the italicized noun clause ...
- english - How is the gerund phrase used in the sentence? My goal is reading a ...
- english - How is the gerund phrase used in the sentence? Drawing is Reagan's ...
- english - How is the gerund used in the sentence? All units will remain here for...
- Grammar exercise check - Can somebody check my answers on this exercise? I'm ...