Posted by Rose on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 5:58pm.
During her tennis career, a player won a total of 60 grand slam titles in three categories: women's singles, women's doubles, and mixed doubles. Out of this total, her number of wins in women's singles is eight more than her number of in wins in mixed doubles. Her number of wins in women's doubles is 2 more than 3 times her number of wins in mixed doubles. How many Grand Slam titles did the player win in each category?
Algebra 1 - Steve, Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:07am
Let a = no. of singles titles
Let b = no. of women's doubles titles
Let c = no. of mixed doubles titles
a + b + c = 60
a = c+8
b = 2 + 3c
c+8 + 2+3c + c = 60
5c + 10 = 60
a = 18
b = 32
18 = no. of singles titles
32 = no. of women's doubles titles
10 = no. of mixed doubles titles
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 11th grade math - I Need help with the following question: If moe has 3x as many...
- 11 grade math - 3 people Curlie, Moe, and Larry have single and double hits at a...
- Physical Education - Which of the following is NOT a typical tennis competition...
- Social Studies - What new opportunities were won by women with the passage of ...
- History - What new opportunities were won by women with the passage of the 19th ...
- Intermediate Algebra - in 2005, 10.4 out of every 50 employees at a company were...
- Math - The number of women passengers in a bus was X. The number of children in ...
- history - one example of the shift in attitudes brought about by the women's ...
- us history - which answer best explains the contributions of women during the ...
- us history - What was the main effect of the Civil War on the women's movement...