Posted by Shreya on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:56pm.
write the following absolute value functions as piecewise functions.
i really not get how to do this
f(x) = |x|
i think im supposed to state as positive and negative but i not even know what that x means. i only guessing and saying that for positive it be a positive x and for negative it be a negative x.
this one is harder
g(x) = |x+1|
is this part of formula y = a|x-p|+1 so that mean that x+1 is negative horizontal translation and we need to make it positive going |x-1|
and for negative it be |x+1|
math-calculus - Steve, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 11:59pm
|N| = N if N >=0
|N| = -N if N < 0
f(x) = |x| =
x if x >= 0
-x if x < 0
g(x) = |x+1| =
x+1 if x+1 >= 0 (that is, if x >= -1)
-(x+1) if x+1 < 0
math-calculus - Shreya, Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 10:31am
thanks very much steve :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math-calculus - write the following absolute value functions as piecewise ...
- math-calculus - i did this question long time ago and i realize today that at ...
- math-calculus - the absolute value function g(x) = |5-x| can be written as a ...
- Calculous - A dunction is continious on the closed interval [-3,3] such that of ...
- CALCULUS! PLEASE HELP URGENT! - Which of the following functions have a ...
- Pre-Calculus - Operations with Functions write the function below as either a ...
- Calculus - We're learning about different kinds of functions and I don't really ...
- math - for the given functions f and g, find the specified value of the ...
- math, help - For the following set, which number has the largest absolute value...
- Calculus - Find the sum and difference functions f + g and f – g for the ...