Posted by Jahnay on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:10pm.
I PUT THIS UP AND NO ONE HELPED:( what are the literary elements in my poem? i just wrote it i didn't think about that and now i need to find some but all i can see is alliteration. PLEASE HELP
All I Want is Us
When nothing else remains, I want to know if you’ll stand by my side. If you’ll be the light of my path when the sun shuts down. I want to know if you’ll mend my soul and patch up my bleeding heart; even if it’s beyond all repair.
When nothing else remains, the clouds cease and the world becomes barren, I want to know if you’ll mouth my name, and tell me everything’s alright.
Give me a sign. We should be able to fly. I want to know if we can touch the sky. I want to know if I can be with you, dream with you… without having to talk to you.
When nothing else remains, buildings tumble and fall, as smoke fills the air our love should conquer all.
Give me a sign that will show me if you care. All the pain and subtle ecstasy, I want to know if you’ll be able to bare.
Give me a sign and let our eyes do the talking. I wan to know if you’ll hold me strong in your arms. You can sustain our love.
When nothing else remains, I want to know if you’ll be my Romeo; holding hands hallucinating. Together we dream of a teeming world where only love survives.
Give me a sign that shows me you care. Our love is like a song. I want to know if our melody will play on and on.
When nothing else remains, it shouldn’t matter if you’re scared. That’s how close we should be. Together we’ll travel to the end of the sea … all I want is us.
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:14pm
I see personification, metaphors, and similes.
- English - Jahnay, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:19pm
thank you very much. also while i was lookin through my notes and looking some more i found allusion imagry and repetition. Thank you for your help i always find it hard to find metaphors! :)
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:22pm
A metaphor compares two unlike things without using "like" or "as."
This is a metaphor:
I want to know if you’ll mend my soul and patch up my bleeding heart; even if it’s beyond all repair
- English - Jahnay, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:26pm
OMG i didn't even realized that i had done that. thank you so much. also i mentioned to my teacher implicit and explicit metaphors and she didn't know what i was talking about? could you explain it to me?
- English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 8:38pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- does any1 help with english! :-) - what are the literary elements in my poem? i ...
- english - I need help with this question about annabel lee. Identify literary ...
- English/Poerty - Is this poem good? How can I make it better? As I read the ...
- literature - Reflecting on this week’s literary readings, as well as your own ...
- american literature - literary elements such as alliteration, assonance, and ...
- English/Poetry - I read the stories about her I discover her dark past Some ...
- English - Poetry - 2. The capital words in the following excerpt are an example ...
- poetry - question: How do the poetic elements increase my appreciation of the ...
- English - i don't know if you remember helping me with my poem analysis on ...
- early childhood - Which one of the following statements about literary elements ...