Posted by Marianna on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 5:48pm.
and the hardest!
- Quadratic Formula - MathGuru, Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 5:09pm
Some points to remember:
1. Be sure to set your equations equal to 0.
2. See if the equation factors easily.
3. If it does, factor, then set each factor equal to 0.
4. Solve for the solutions.
Let's look at your first equation:
m^2 - 5m - 14 = 0
(I'm using ^2 to mean squared.)
This equation is already equal to 0.
Let's see if it factors easily:
(m - 7)(m + 2) = 0 (It does!)
Now let's set each factor equal to 0:
m - 7 = 0; m = 7
m + 2 = 0; m = -2
Check the solutions with the original equation by substituting the values you found for m. It always helps to check your work.
I hope this will help get you started.
Answer this Question
- Math - Use the quadratic formula to solve each of the following quadratic ...
- Math - Solve for the zeros of the function using the quadratic formula. 3x^2=-4x...
- math - (4.35E-2 - x)(7.56E-2 -x ) ============================ (0.324 + 2x)2 ...
- English - 1. His hardest decision was not to go abroad. 2. His hardest decision ...
- math-calculus - solve equation |x^2-2x-6| using quadratic formula. i not get how...
- math,algebra - can someone help me out factor out this 0=16t^2-122t+180 i have ...
- Algebra 1 - Which method is the best method for solving the equation 8x^2-123x+3...
- math - 15t^2+7t=2 The quadratic formula tells you that the solutions are: t = [-...
- College Math II - Solve by using the quadratic formula. x^2 + 6x + 6 = 0 I am ...
- Math - How do you graph the quadratic formula x^2-10x=11? Here's what I got so ...